Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Visuals on Away Team Armor (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=219216)

Archived Post 06-12-2011 09:46 AM

Visuals on Away Team Armor
 
I don't know about anybody else, but when I know that my away mission is going to be a strike team style mission I like to enable the visuals on my teams armor. However what I don't like is having to go through my list of bridge officers and enabling visuals on them all, and then turning them off afterwards.

So how about an option on the "right+click" menu for your Captain to "Enable/Disable Visuals for all". I can't imagine it would be difficult to do. And while it's not really adding a lot to the game, it would save so many headaches of beaming down to a diplomatic type mission, and finding that half your team is wearing body armor. It just doens't look right, and then you gotta disable it for them one at a time.

And if ther'es something I'm missing and the ability is already in the game to do this with a scrpt command or something, please let me know. :)

Archived Post 06-12-2011 09:49 AM

Aye, that would be handy, although I tend to leave armour turned off all the time. I imagine it's so thin it can fit under the uniforms as standard apparel on all ships in case of hull breaches. (Which is why we need helmets)

Archived Post 06-12-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varlo
Aye, that would be handy, although I tend to leave armour turned off all the time. I imagine it's so thin it can fit under the uniforms as standard apparel on all ships in case of hull breaches. (Which is why we need helmets)

Yeah, I do like the thought of the armor being under the uniform, it's just when I'm on combat away missions I like to look the part. :) All armored up and carrying a big phaser cannon. :D

Archived Post 06-12-2011 10:14 AM

Many players have posted about not wanting those visuals for ESD, and other places like that, so if there is some sort of Gang Activate Option put in, then it should only be for the Away Team, and let the Toon be done separately. Unless you would want to have to remove visuals each ESD visit??

Archived Post 06-12-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
Many players have posted about not wanting those visuals for ESD, and other places like that, so if there is some sort of Gang Activate Option put in, then it should only be for the Away Team, and let the Toon be done separately. Unless you would want to have to remove visuals each ESD visit??


Well as a great man once said, "One does not beam down to Starfleet Headquarters armed."
:)

(Nor does he beam into ground PVP to play Tron)

Archived Post 06-12-2011 01:27 PM

According to the Engineering Report they're moving armour and kit visuals off of the items and making them standard costume pieces to be mixed, matched and customized to your liking.

So considering this impending change they aren't likely to bother implementing such a feature as the one suggested.

Archived Post 06-13-2011 10:39 AM

Boo. Guess I'll have to keep turning the armor visuals on and off individually. :(

Archived Post 06-14-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy (Post 3587895)
According to the Engineering Report they're moving armour and kit visuals off of the items and making them standard costume pieces to be mixed, matched and customized to your liking.

So considering this impending change they aren't likely to bother implementing such a feature as the one suggested.

So it's true, then? The new system had better allow for BOffs to display the looks of kits as well...
I'm assuming there's no predictions on when it might hit Tribble, so I won't ask.

kevint83 05-16-2014 08:54 PM

What is the button to actually put the armor on? I am stuck in my nice uniforms on away missions and it looks silly. I have armor equipped and feel like I am missing something simple.

nlindgren57 05-16-2014 09:03 PM

Kevin, that feature was removed with season 9. Armor visuals are now all located in the tailor, but cannot be turned on and off with a right click anymore. You either set your away team up in armor now or you have them run around in uniforms, there is no enable/disable visuals option. Also, this thread is REALLY old, I would suggest avoiding necro threads.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 AM.