Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   possible player pool event (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=219427)

Archived Post 06-14-2011 03:06 AM

possible player pool event

this is a general feeler for havign a player pool event of some sort, using as a general basis the rules laid out in the tsi fun day thread. (- the ship restrictions) but i'd have to figure out how to set the teams once all the players are entered.

my idea is we figure out what we want the team numbers to be (3-4-5 man teams) then have each player roll (this is probly the most time consuming) and then just begin putting people together from lowest to highest in the numbers.

player 1- rolls a 56
2- 78
3-43
4-11
5-9
6-43
7-23
8-4

these 8 people roll these numbers so the teams would end up like this-
team 1-
team 2-

i hope this makes sense.....

thoughts and ideas? (the only issue i could see may be if klingons and feds mix teams then they cant actually be on the same team -sad panda-)

Archived Post 06-14-2011 03:07 AM

I would be interested - thanks for taking the time to post this Mai.

Archived Post 06-14-2011 03:21 AM

Pretty sure you could have 5 man teams with no ship restrictions and no class restrictions, just use the Fun day skills restrictions and it should be awesome.

Archived Post 06-14-2011 03:23 AM

I'm game. Any thoughts in regards to cross faction teams then? You could possibly make a script for targeting cross faction friendlies, or just have two different pools (slightly less fun knowing a bunch of people that can't be on your team though)

Archived Post 06-14-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurleybird (Post 3589946)
I'm game. Any thoughts in regards to cross faction teams then? You could possibly make a script for targeting cross faction friendlies, or just have two different pools (slightly less fun knowing a bunch of people that can't be on your team though)

Cross faction would be another great thing to have.

Archived Post 06-14-2011 03:34 AM

Never got in on the TSI day. Think the 4 team concept is great. It cuts down on the ability to over stack highly in 1 area or stacked in 2. Say one of each ship class and 4th is optional. 1 of each profession and 4th is optional. Pick the team and let them decide on they ships and professions to bring. It might get complicated if you want to know ship type and professions while making this pool since its drawing and potential for heavy 1 side teams. Just pick teams and let them come up with their roster using any of their toons.

Archived Post 06-14-2011 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrykerV
Never got in on the TSI day. Think the 4 team concept is great. It cuts down on the ability to over stack highly in 1 area or stacked in 2. Say one of each ship class and 4th is optional. 1 of each profession and 4th is optional. Pick the team and let them decide on they ships and professions to bring. It might get complicated if you want to know ship type and professions while making this pool since its drawing and potential for heavy 1 side teams. Just pick teams and let them come up with their roster using any of their toons.

well one way to keep it short and simple is just by giving me the captains name and @handle since it would in theory be impossible to know who youre with and then against until the day of the event "stacking win" would be mighty hard i think.

Archived Post 06-14-2011 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo716 (Post 3589962)
well one way to keep it short and simple is just by giving me the captains name and @handle since it would in theory be impossible to know who youre with and then against until the day of the event "stacking win" would be mighty hard i think.

Are you for more then 2 of any 1 profession or no?

Archived Post 06-14-2011 04:14 AM

Sounds like a good idea Mai, I'm in... if I can make it.

Archived Post 06-14-2011 04:14 AM

Post removed.