Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Kdf Ui (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=219846)

Archived Post 06-16-2011 04:51 AM

Kdf Ui

I can understand that KDF UI is red but locking BO's skills is red also. So there is no diference and its hard to see if BO skill is locked or not. It would be nice if Cryptic could change locking color.

Archived Post 06-16-2011 09:43 AM

Hmm, the locking skills appear with a yellow border on my system.

Archived Post 06-16-2011 03:55 PM

True, all around the Klingon UI colour scheme needs to be adjusted. In space I find it very hard to tell the difference between the red and the orange at a glance.

Red and yellow is good but the colours at the moment are to similar for me.

Red and white would be my choices.

Archived Post 06-16-2011 06:51 PM

THANK YOU! The all shades of red UI is the #1 reason I can't stand to play my klingon. Even my chat box's blue text have a red tint to it. It's such an eyesore and gives me such a bad headache. We really need some option to select a more neutral color for the UI.

Archived Post 06-17-2011 01:32 AM

Whoa there kids, I LIKE the red UI, The blue of the feds gives me a headache. Please leave the Klingon UI alone.

Archived Post 06-17-2011 03:38 AM

I'm generally fine with the Klingon red UI but it could use some work on target designation, the currently selected target is (I believe) orange, which doesn't stand out too much from the red of the other targets.

I don't see why we can't have a colour picker in the options to at least enable players to change some elements of their UI to suit their preferred colour scheme.

Archived Post 06-17-2011 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amidoinitright (Post 3596576)
Whoa there kids, I LIKE the red UI, The blue of the feds gives me a headache. Please leave the Klingon UI alone.

Hey there "kid", i'm not advocating changing it from red at all. I like the red UI too. So please address specific posters with specific arguments if you are going to contribute. I don't like being lumped in with everyone else with broad-sweeping statements.

All I would like to see is want the scheme adjusted to not have so many similar shades of red/orange that make it difficult to see at a glance who is your enemy and who isn't. I would have thought that if the fed blue gives you that much of a headache that you would be on board with a neutral colour scheme option no?

Archived Post 06-17-2011 04:32 AM

Well I'm all for more UI options.
maybe It's because i have like 1200 hours played on my Klingons, but i don't really see a problem with the UI. Any changes that are OPTIONAL I have no problem with.
EDIT~ & I'm serious about the Blue, It's one of the main reasons i don't play my Feds anymore, the red is much better, IMHO.

Archived Post 06-17-2011 08:35 AM

solution/request: UI color picker like we have for the text in the chat box at the minimum for both since its the same UI.

baffles me sometimes why some games do not have it in there in the first place as an option for people since its client side only.

Archived Post 06-17-2011 09:28 AM

Unfortunately the way that the UI system works and how the UI skins are done, it isn't trivial to give an option to change the color of the UI since the colors are baked into the textures that make up the UI. While it is possible for us to add new skins, it takes a significant amount of effort to build a new UI skin.