Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Logitech Offer (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=219978)

Archived Post 06-16-2011 05:34 PM

Logitech Offer

So...

Is there any more information on this Logitech promotion? All it says is purchase XX item(s) and get stuff. But I checked the Logitech website and can find no mention of this. Also, when you say "Borg in-game items" what exactly are you talking about? The STF special items or something else?

Additional info would be nice. Thanks.

Archived Post 06-16-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
So...

Is there any more information on this Logitech promotion? All it says is purchase XX item(s) and get stuff. But I checked the Logitech website and can find no mention of this. Also, when you say "Borg in-game items" what exactly are you talking about? The STF special items or something else?

Additional info would be nice. Thanks.

If you search Logitech
http://www.newegg.com/Store/Brand.as...0&Tpk=Logitech

it lists various products, and some have the text "Free Star Trek game w/ purchase, limited offer" but nothing about the Borg items.
I would love more info, too.
Craig

Archived Post 06-16-2011 08:00 PM

'Become part of Star Trek

In Star Trek Online, the Star Trek universe will appear for the first time on a truly massive scale. In this massively multiplayer online game from Cryptic Studios, players can pioneer their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship. Or, they can become a Klingon Warlord and expand the Empire to the far reaches of the galaxy.

10 day subscription time to Star Trek Online

Federation Costume Pack: Seven of Nine

The singular style of the Delta Quadrant's most famous liberated Borg is now available in Star Trek Online! Costume pack includes top, bottom, boots, face attachment and hand piece. Note: Costume pieces from this pack may only be used in uniform costume slots. This pack unlocks these costumes for every female Federation character on an account.

Federation Liberated Borg Bridge Officer

Rescued from the Borg, this officer will bring her experience as a Borg drone to your Bridge Crew! Federation Liberated Borg Bridge Officers have the following traits: Borg Nanites (10% bonus to regeneration and shield regeneration),Efficient (Bonus to Efficiency), Resilient (5% bonus to Physical and Energy damage resistance) and Borg Neural Blast (short-range neural hold power).Note: This unlocks the Liberated Borg Bridge Officer for all Federation characters on an account.

Tribble of Borg

This assimilated Tribble brings elements of the Collective to your inventory. Petting it will slightly stimulate the body's natural ability to resist all types of damage. Additionally, this Tribble has been wired into the Collective and will grant you insight into their vulnerabilities, granting you a small damage bonus to Borg enemies. Note: This unlocks the Tribble of Borg for all characters on an account. Klingon characters may also use the Tribble of Borg.'

Intrestingly enough, it seems you can just buy a copy of star trek online + these bonus codes instead of buying something else to get it free with.

e.g http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16800996169

$22.50 nets you : 7of9 Costume, Borg Tribble, Borg BO - not exactly worth it :P

Archived Post 06-16-2011 09:43 PM

If you don't already own a copy of the game it isn't too terrible as promotions go, otherwise ... not so much.

Archived Post 06-17-2011 12:42 AM

ok all 3 things i have already good ... and such a Event shows how mutch they care about EU Players

US shop ... and why they call it Logitech event when its only one US Shop were i from Europe cant buy and maybe even not without Credit card too

Archived Post 06-17-2011 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W-T-Riker
ok all 3 things i have already good ... and such a Event shows how mutch they care about EU Players

US shop ... and why they call it Logitech event when its only one US Shop were i from Europe cant buy and maybe even not without Credit card too

How is that Cryptic's fault? They don't own the retailers that are taking part in this promotion.

Archived Post 06-17-2011 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr0s7y
How is that Cryptic's fault? They don't own the retailers that are taking part in this promotion.

but they select them and they could have made it for every Logitech Product and every Reseller Worldwide or one that has shops in any Country like Amazon

Archived Post 06-17-2011 09:57 AM

Thanks for the info Tikonov!

Archived Post 06-18-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr0s7y

It is crypitics fault, the deal is with Logitech, so every reseller regardless of country should be included. :rolleyes:

The only saving grace is whats on offer isn't really worth buying anything from logitech to get!
Thats not the point though because even if it were, I couldn't as being in the UK, im not included :mad:

Getting rather anoying not being included in sto promotions...

Archived Post 06-18-2011 01:35 PM

I have a G19 Logitech Keyboard which I used for 3 months so far. Can I still get this offer or does it just affect just now and items regarding newegg.com only?