Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Are the Gorn actually getting unique uniforms? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=221314)

Archived Post 06-27-2011 04:12 PM

Are the Gorn actually getting unique uniforms?
 
I'm trying not too complain about the Gorn too much, they're really looking spiffing right now. Matt, you've done an amazing job on them. So my question is, will Gorn players actually get unique uniforms like the ones the NPCs wear?

This includes the old NPC uniforms (i've seen new gorn with the old NPC uniforms) including some of the new stuff that's been mixed in. Even tattoos and scars?

Also, will we be getting more customization options and sliders? Right now especially for the head, the sliders are not very good at making Gorn look different.

Archived Post 06-27-2011 04:20 PM

Last I heard there were costume pieces. Like the new fed costume pieces, they haven't been released on tribble just yet.

Archived Post 06-28-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grox (Post 3613552)
Last I heard there were costume pieces. Like the new fed costume pieces, they haven't been released on tribble just yet.

Maybe, but Season 4 is coming out next week (possibly), so i'm worried that what we have on Tribble is it? I love what has been done with the Gorn, but the real point of the gorn customization options was'nt a revamp, but unique costumes. The thing is, it should be relatively easy since all, or most, of the options are on NPCs.

I love you CrypticMatt, you're doing amazing work especially with all the work on your plate. I know it's hard what you do and I really hate to complain considering how great the new Gorn models look. But what we Gorn players have been waiting for so badly, is too finally dress like Gorn and not like the barbaric Klingons:)

Archived Post 06-28-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forresto (Post 3615360)
Maybe, but Season 4 is coming out next week (possibly), so i'm worried that what we have on Tribble is it? I love what has been done with the Gorn, but the real point of the gorn customization options was'nt a revamp, but unique costumes. The thing is, it should be relatively easy since all, or most, of the options are on NPCs.

I love you CrypticMatt, you're doing amazing work especially with all the work on your plate. I know it's hard what you do and I really hate to complain considering how great the new Gorn models look. But what we Gorn players have been waiting for so badly, is too finally dress like Gorn and not like the barbaric Klingons:)

Im also a bit worried, what happened to that helmet that Mhighison showed a while back that was WIP. I hope this isnt all the Gorn get...it took so long for them to get the Gorn done, I was expecting more than just a reskin...with no face sliders or face options what so ever.

Archived Post 06-28-2011 08:26 PM

I'm also curious about this. I was under the impression that they would be getting unique uniform options as well, but I haven't seen anything on Tribble. I hope it's coming soon, and that it won't go straight to the Cstore ;)

Archived Post 06-28-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forresto (Post 3615360)
Maybe, but Season 4 is coming out next week (possibly), so i'm worried that what we have on Tribble is it? I love what has been done with the Gorn, but the real point of the gorn customization options was'nt a revamp, but unique costumes. The thing is, it should be relatively easy since all, or most, of the options are on NPCs.

I love you CrypticMatt, you're doing amazing work especially with all the work on your plate. I know it's hard what you do and I really hate to complain considering how great the new Gorn models look. But what we Gorn players have been waiting for so badly, is too finally dress like Gorn and not like the barbaric Klingons:)

I can agree with this. I checked out the Gorn on Tribble and was disappointed that the shoulder pads the NPC Gorn wear were not in the costume editor. I have been working on getting my Gorn up to General in anticipation for Season 4.

Archived Post 06-29-2011 06:23 AM

I'm really hoping the uniforms are just getting a little bit of polish before coming out on tribble. It's great we finally have the new Gorn, we just need uniforms for them. I'm interested in why the options NPCs wear can't be ported over to players?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgomir (Post 3615364)
Im also a bit worried, what happened to that helmet that Mhighison showed a while back that was WIP. I hope this isnt all the Gorn get...it took so long for them to get the Gorn done, I was expecting more than just a reskin...with no face sliders or face options what so ever.

Good question, what did happen to it?

Archived Post 06-29-2011 06:27 AM

I agree; the Gorn do need more options. I love making Gorn characters that are almost 9' tall, but I'd also like to be able to make "runts" less than 6' tall, just as an example. However, the work the devs have already put into their revamp is top notch so far; keep up the good work. :D

Archived Post 06-29-2011 06:44 AM

With all this talk that there are not enough klingon faction players out there and that we need more people to keep the content rolling for the klingon faction, it would be nice to make the Gorn, the Gorn that we need.
I have a new character on Tribble but am reluctant to go any further in level with him because I want to save all fun for when season 4 goes live. My only hopes are that we get to play the Gorn (the only character I ever wanted to play as in the first place) with all the options available and more. And PS Cryptic, I wouldn't mind some C-store options for the Gorn, ships, weapons and costume pieces. Oh and PSS it seems that the Klingon Faction will grow more if we get our big lizards up to par:;)

Archived Post 06-29-2011 06:44 AM

Don't forget Gorn makeup, so I can make a purdy she-Gorn with that shimmering caveman cocktail dress. <3


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:22 AM.