Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Season 4 broke my Luna Class Nacelles (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=222622)

Archived Post 07-07-2011 12:06 PM

Season 4 broke my Luna Class Nacelles
 
some other guy in Zonechat pointed this out to me, and i have the same bug:

one does not look like the other:

http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/p1r0...0720102062.jpg
http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/x8w4...0720044334.jpg

Luna Class
Comet Variant from the C-Store

one nacelle is all of a sudden very lowpoly, while the other is just fine.

no graphics options do change it, put all sliders high and low, no change

:(

CapnLogan to the rescue!

Archived Post 07-07-2011 02:01 PM

I have the Comet too and while i haven't checked to see if I have the same problem as you I do have other graphic issues. I have part of the borg set that adds that borg tech look to one of your warp nacelles and now its not even connected to the ship but flying out in space.

Little hard to see even when expanded:

http://imageshack.us/f/155/screenshot2011070716074.jpg/

Archived Post 07-07-2011 03:57 PM

I'm not exactly sure how this occurred but I know what happened here and I'll fix it up for the next patch.

Each of these ship parts has its own corresponding model geometry file. This file has information in it that tells the game which part to display, and also it tells it when to display it's LOD (Level of Detail) model as well.

It seems as though the right Nacelle is, for some reason, showing the LOD model instead of the full-resolution game model.

I'll fix this right away, and you'll see it fixed in our next patch.

Thanks for reporting this!

ADAM

Archived Post 07-08-2011 01:57 AM

yay, nice :D


speaking of "LOD" ... that reminds me... there is something funky going on with the K'T'inga / D-7 LOD as well.

i remember a few months ago that Ship was upgraded to have glowing Nacelles and a red glow on the "Mission Pod", the Impulse Drives were remade and a bit more detail added,
some patch shortly after that removed all the glows again and added some ugly polygon sticking out the neck.

-> you can see the neck here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Z3R0B4N...03434626627218


the funky thing is that when you see a K'T'inga or D-7 from faaaar away you can see that there are some glowy pixels on the nacelles but they disappear if you get closer.

I believe the low and high LOD models may have been switched there as well?

Archived Post 07-08-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG (Post 3631354)
yay, nice :D


speaking of "LOD" ... that reminds me... there is something funky going on with the K'T'inga / D-7 LOD as well.

i remember a few months ago that Ship was upgraded to have glowing Nacelles and a red glow on the "Mission Pod", the Impulse Drives were remade and a bit more detail added,
some patch shortly after that removed all the glows again and added some ugly polygon sticking out the neck.

-> you can see the neck here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Z3R0B4N...03434626627218


the funky thing is that when you see a K'T'inga or D-7 from faaaar away you can see that there are some glowy pixels on the nacelles but they disappear if you get closer.

I believe the low and high LOD models may have been switched there as well?

This is likely... and the neck polygon is very weird looking. I'll check it out soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived Post 07-08-2011 01:45 PM

another thing about the Luna, and at least the Polaris saucer, is the Fleet emblems, aren't on the hull but are hovering about it.

Archived Post 07-08-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyuui (Post 3632920)
another thing about the Luna, and at least the Polaris saucer, is the Fleet emblems, aren't on the hull but are hovering about it.

LOL WTF? ok fixed :) it'll be in the patch.

Archived Post 07-08-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnLogan
LOL WTF? ok fixed :) it'll be in the patch.

Does fixing it include allowing us to select "None" For Fleet/UFP Logo option? Cause that'd be the greatest fix EVAH!

Archived Post 07-08-2011 04:33 PM

While on the topic of the Luna - CapnLogan, do you think you would be able to set the time to make a remodel of the Luna's secondary hull and its sensor pod to make it more accurate to the ship as shown in blueprint and Ellery's 3d model?

On TrekBBS, Sean Tourangeau pretty much blasted Cryptic Studios, making a point that he wasn't satisfied - and frankly was disappointed - with how the ship was presented in-game (especially considering he never got any advisory input like he received from other parties regarding the Luna). I'll admit I'm biased because I'm fond of the Luna-class myself... but it's kind of disconcerting that the Luna's creator has gripes against this game for his ship not being accurately presented. I'd much better see him satisfied and happy with how the ship was presented.

You already did great work with the saucer (though I do wish the bridge would get a detail pass =P ). I'm hoping you could overhaul the sensor pod and the hull section too.

Archived Post 07-08-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoberraz (Post 3633335)
While on the topic of the Luna - CapnLogan, do you think you would be able to set the time to make a remodel of the Luna's secondary hull and its sensor pod to make it more accurate to the ship as shown in blueprint and Ellery's 3d model?

On TrekBBS, Sean Tourangeau pretty much blasted Cryptic Studios, making a point that he wasn't satisfied - and frankly was disappointed - with how the ship was presented in-game (especially considering he never got any advisory input like he received from other parties regarding the Luna). I'll admit I'm biased because I'm fond of the Luna-class myself... but it's kind of disconcerting that the Luna's creator has gripes against this game for his ship not being accurately presented. I'd much better see him satisfied and happy with how the ship was presented.

You already did great work with the saucer (though I do wish the bridge would get a detail pass =P ). I'm hoping you could overhaul the sensor pod and the hull section too.

I don't have plans to go back to the Luna any time soon but when I do I'll consult any errors posted here on this page. I don't normally get scheduled time to go and work on ships that are in game unless a specific bug comes up related to it, then I squeeze in an hour here and there to get things fixed up. I'm a one man time right now so I'm very limited concerning what I can get done while keeping STO alive in the meantime.

I'm sad to hear second-hand about Sean's disappointment with the in-game, low poly, MMO 3d model of the Luna. Perhaps if he were to contact Cryptic Studios, CBS, or John Van Citters with his complaints instead of posting about it on TrekBBS then maybe I'll get some time to revisit the model.

*note* - I did not model the original Luna, I just updated hte saucer after STO fans made complaints about it on STO forums, not TrekBBS. :)

I think it would kick @$$ if Sean and Andy Probert would get in touch with me. :D In the meantime I have a sh!tload of work to do.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:37 AM.