Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Have the Klingon's been "toned-down"? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223058)

Archived Post 07-08-2011 04:28 PM

Have the Klingon's been "toned-down"?

I use to pride myself on a solid build, but seriously this just can't be right? Not moaning.

My carrier is running at full aux and it still only has a launch time of 58 secs? Before the patch I could get it to 31 - 34 secs, even without batteries. In three separate matches my shields dropped in under 1.3 secs. I was running SCI III and EpTS III. What's happened. I use to be the tank of the team. How can I remotely support my team in that time frame? FAW seems worse not better...

My question is this - what changes have been affected to the Klingon ship classes by the latest update?

Are there any notes on the specifics. Something has certainly changed and I would like to start a discussion about it that is civil and productive.

Archived Post 07-08-2011 04:33 PM

Well, covariant shields got nerfed for starters. Weapons do 5% more damage for each rarity level, so a purple weapon deals 15% more damage than a white one. Lower shield values, more damamge, there you go. :)

Archived Post 07-08-2011 04:35 PM

That does not help.

Then why am I not seeing the difference? I have the full Borg set and all my weapons are the same class + spec and purple MK XI? Sure - you would say my weapons power is so low running on aux. but how longer would that take my average launch to? 2mins?

I am more than prepared to be considerate of the issues since S4 - but why mess so much with something that was never broken???

Archived Post 07-08-2011 04:44 PM

Your launch time issue may be part of the rampant scaling bug that was introduced in S4. I'd wait until after that's fixed before getting worried. I know that doesn't help now, but what else can you do?

Z

Archived Post 07-08-2011 04:50 PM

Thanks

[ * drums his fingers ] I was really looking forward to improvements that would enhance my abilities not hamper them to this extent. There, I've gone and done it. Ruined a perfectly good mood. :(

Archived Post 07-08-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
[ * drums his fingers ] I was really looking forward to improvements that would enhance my abilities not hamper them to this extent.

Same here,but these things happen with every Season update.....I just don't play as much and try to avoid any broken parts.....I like to keep my sanity.;)

Archived Post 07-09-2011 10:51 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for a while until the creases are ironed out, then when it's as Cryptic intended, I'll start asking why such and such is broken.

Archived Post 07-09-2011 11:35 AM

Sound advice

Thanks bud - [ swallows a tranquilizer ] - I see your reason. I just want to make sure this is not seen as normal or intended ... [ on my knees hands firmly clasped towards Sto'Vo'Kor!)

It's not really a bug as such, and I know the devs have their hands full. I just hope they are aware of the impact, and are saying, "Actually guys, this is crappy. Let's try something else." :)

Archived Post 07-09-2011 12:23 PM

What pets are you trying to launch? Each pet has a different cooldown so if you recently switched from fighters to BoP then your launch time will naturally increase.

That said, my carrier build runs 125 aux at all times and my launch times are as follows:

BoP: 56 seconds
Siphon pods: 43 seconds
To'Duj fighters: 28 seconds? (Have not used them in a while so not exactly sure.)

Archived Post 07-10-2011 01:42 PM

Thanks for the help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow_Splat
What pets are you trying to launch? Each pet has a different cooldown so if you recently switched from fighters to BoP then your launch time will naturally increase.

That said, my carrier build runs 125 aux at all times and my launch times are as follows:

BoP: 56 seconds
Siphon pods: 43 seconds
To'Duj fighters: 28 seconds? (Have not used them in a while so not exactly sure.)

BOP is all I run as fighters tend to just infuriate players as spam. But, I swear their launch rate seems slower. Could I be mistaken?