Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   S4 UI Concerns, Issues, and Observations (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223133)

Archived Post 07-08-2011 11:49 PM

S4 UI Concerns, Issues, and Observations

With the release of Season 4, there are a number of concerns that have cropped up, and directly impact PvP, relating to the UI alterations.

I would like to collect a list of all of the UI-related concerns (especially for their impact on PvP) in this thread. Additionally, there are several changes and interesting UI alterations that have been introduced, and this can also serve to alert the PvP Community to their existence.

UI Concerns:
  • Assist targeting no longer working. (/heal Hale?... :confused: ... /heal Hale?... :confused: ... Oh, screw it, *launches Scramble Sensors 3 on self*... /target Hale :D ) Please submit Bug Tickets and GM Reports for this issue.
  • The return of Voldemort... (Seriously, Harry, just kill him already...) Please, all members of the PvP Community, submit both Bug Tickets and GM Reports about this, so it can be squashed before any more of our dwindling population is bled away.
  • Some buffs/debuffs not displaying properly (or at all) in the display. (Need a list of all, observed buffs/debuffs that fail to display.) ("Why did all of my powers suddenly disappear and/or go into cooldown?... Did someone SNB me?... It's not on my status bar... Hmmm... HAXXORS!" ) Thread discussing the issue.
  • Significant issues with powers failing to activate or activating without effect. (Anecdotal evidence requested.) ( :eek: I'm being focus-fired!... *presses Tac Team keybind* ... Whew, now I can... Wait... *presses Tac Team keybind*... Okay, now I can... What the?!... *machine guns Tac Team keybind*... *asplodes... Tac Team still inactive*...) UI input lag seems to be longer now than previously, requiring more deliberate sequencing of power activation.
  • The new, super-bold font makes for an extremely cluttered screen, particularly in the presence of spam (making it nearly impossible to successfully click-target an object/ship)... Especially bad in places like Ker'rat, that have significant numbers of NPC's, on top of PC-created clutter.
  • Vivox integration causes lag, however, disabling it seems to completely clear the problem. Thanks to Azurian for the suggestion.
  • Mouse activation of powers in the UI Tray seems very unresponsive.

UI Observations:
  • There now are 4 options for the power tray: the 3 which we had previously, and a 4th, which combines a 3-row tray with the visible BOffs (and their attendant powers)... Rather clunky on a full-size interface, but down-scaling the interface does make this usable.
  • There is an 'Ignore Pets/Deployables' targeting option... Can anyone confirm that this is working as described? (Did not notice this option until shortly before I had to leave for work, and did not have the opportunity to test it.) Appears to be functioning. Thanks to thamupp.
  • Tooltips have been heavily re-worked and, in most cases, seem to provide a little better information (bugs with scaling aside).
  • etc.

As more issues are brought to light, feel free to post them in this thread, and I will add them to the list.

-Big Red

Archived Post 07-09-2011 12:02 AM

Oh, didn't know about the ignore option. I'll have to look into that.

Ground PvP aside, the only oddities I found in Space were at times I couldn't adjust my power levels (which ended up being a invisible part of the BOFF window covering it). In one match on my Fed Eng, my keybinds disappeared. And on all my characters, my targeting kept switching to the NPCs attacking me and not the players attacking me.

Oh after disabling Vivox, the latency problems I had yesterday disappeared. Going to keep that turned off for sure. :p

Archived Post 07-09-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
UI Concerns:
  • Significant issues with powers failing to activate or activating without effect. (Anecdotal evidence requested.) ( :eek: I'm being focus-fired!... *presses Tac Team keybind* ... Whew, now I can... Wait... *presses Tac Team keybind*... Okay, now I can... What the?!... *machine guns Tac Team keybind*... *asplodes... Tac Team still inactive*...)

I believe I've noticed how this could be happening.. as it seems to take a portion of a second longer to actually get powers to work.. Meaning, for example, If I want the power I have in Slot numbered 4 I'd have to Depress the 4 key for a portion of a second, or less, longer then normal and it will trigger. But if I try to fire it off to fast, it won't fire at all.

Archived Post 07-09-2011 01:24 AM

what we get from ui issues so far:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=222661

... plz do some more testing you wise jedi! :)

Archived Post 07-09-2011 01:28 AM

also, new ui options seem to work. :)

Archived Post 07-09-2011 01:49 AM

I hope the return of Voldemort has been bugged and GM ticketed by everyone that knows how to do it... Shame it's back.

Archived Post 07-09-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully (Post 3634257)
I hope the return of Voldemort has been bugged and GM ticketed by everyone that knows how to do it... Shame it's back.

Ticketed and Bug Reported on every character I have in-game... I implore the rest of the PvP Community to take the 5 minutes to make the bug reports and GM tickets, reporting this problem, so it can be addressed as swiftly as possible, so that our dwindling population is not bled to a ghost town.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and support thus far,
-Big Red

Archived Post 07-09-2011 05:52 AM

I've noticed some serious UI lag at times even in ground pvps. In one match I had to hit my target optics 3 no less than 5 times just to get it to work, and when it finally engaged, I got shotgun ninjad by another tac.

How do we turn off the vivox? (which doesn't appear to work anyway most of the time) I go to my chat settings etc, and the options are greyed out. :confused:

Archived Post 07-09-2011 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
[/color][*]The return of Voldemort... (Seriously, Harry, just kill him already...) Please, all members of the PvP Community, submit both Bug Tickets and GM Reports about this, so it can be squashed before any more of our dwindling population is bled away.[*]Some buffs/debuffs not displaying properly (or at all) in the display. (Need a list of all, observed buffs/debuffs that fail to display.) ("Why did all of my powers suddenly disappear and/or go into cooldown?... Did someone SNB me?... It's not on my status bar... Hmmm... HAXXORS!" ) Thread discussing the issue.

-Big Red

Edited to avoid tempting anyone to get into trouble.

Archived Post 07-09-2011 06:12 AM

we actually aren't allowed to even say more than it's name lest we get banned.