Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Auto Teaming in PvP (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223355)

Archived Post 07-10-2011 09:06 AM

Auto Teaming in PvP

Why do we need auto teaming in PvP. It was fine before. Doesnít PvP mean Player versus Player, and not Team versus Team?

I finally tried Capture and Hold after the Season 4 patch. Wow auto teaming sucks. For a started. I never team. At the beginning I teamed, but people never acted as a team, I therefore saw no point teaming ever again. If you canít survive on your own you should give up now.

Another reason is I have a large ignore list. When I joined the game I was teamed with 3 people on my ignore list! Why would I want to team with people I donít like, respect or want to play with.? If you are going to force people into a team you should at least let players see who they will be playing with before the game starts.

As you might guess I didnít stay long. :mad:

I'm now calling Season 4 : Crossgamer

Archived Post 07-10-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
Why do we need auto teaming in PvP. It was fine before. Doesnít PvP mean Player versus Player, and not Team versus Team?

It just suggests a game mode were players compete with each other and engage each other in combat. It can be team-based, it doesn't have to be.

In Startrek Online, it is not single player vs single player. You are always put into two opposing groups. Naturally, these groups should cooperate to win.

Auto-Teaming is required particularly badly in Arena matches. If you don't team up, you are a potential liability to your side, as you are not privy to information discussed in team chat, you don't know where the other group members are, the group members don't know where you are, and it's very difficult t figure out if you need healing. And without such knowledge, a teamed up enemy is advantage. If you don't want to help others, don't want to focus fire, don't want aid of others, you are probably costing your side the win, as you die early and often (no aid from others?), and can't help killing cooperating targets.

This game doesn't have Free For All modes. Maybe it should have one, but I am sure we'd soon have "cliques" of players in such free for alls, cooperating to beat others until it's time to go against each other.

For Capture & Hold - I don't really care. I got tired and bored of it. The critical component to win there- capping - is no fun at all. But even there, teams that actually work together would be nice, because then at least capping didn't take so long. But since no one is really following the map objectives anyway, it's just a mess.

Archived Post 07-10-2011 09:55 AM

If they think forcing me into a team is going to make me work as a team player than they are sadly mistaken. In fact the opposite will be true. If Iím stuck having to team, and players are on my ignore list then I will be more likely leave the match, or will play as if Iím not in a team :(

Archived Post 07-10-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

If they think forcing me into a team is going to make me work as a team player than they are sadly mistaken. In fact the opposite will be true. If Iím stuck having to team, and players are on my ignore list then I will be more likely leave the match, or will play as if Iím not in a team :(

Well, if you leave early, at least there is a chance that a player comes in that will join the team and work together.

If you don't want to team with people you don't like, it's time to make friends that are also interested in PvP and queue up as a team. But if you are opposed to team play entirely - a lot of people will probably be thankful if you never get put in their team and stay out o any game they might join.

Archived Post 07-10-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Simple solution, Don't Que up.
Use a private match, or play in Ker'rat
We Love Capt Kirks in Ker'rat:D

Archived Post 07-10-2011 10:07 AM

You can get 20 something emblems by pveing.

Don't que up for pvp if you aren't willing to play with the teams and the big boys and girls.

Archived Post 07-10-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amidoinitright (Post 3636413)
Simple solution, Don't Que up.
Use a private match, or play in Ker'rat
We Love Capt Kirks in Ker'rat:D

Shhhhh you'll scare Kirk away :(

BTW please do queue up and act as a solo cruiser out on patrol in pvp. There's a reason klingons tend to hunt in wolfpacks, and we do love preying on lost sheep.

Archived Post 07-10-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

I finally tried Capture and Hold after the Season 4 patch. Wow auto teaming sucks. For a started. I never team. At the beginning I teamed, but people never acted as a team, I therefore saw no point teaming ever again. If you canít survive on your own you should give up now.

Another reason is I have a large ignore list. When I joined the game I was teamed with 3 people on my ignore list! Why would I want to team with people I donít like, respect or want to play with.? If you are going to force people into a team you should at least let players see who they will be playing with before the game starts.

As you might guess I didnít stay long. :mad:

I'm now calling Season 4 : Crossgamer

I'm confused - you say that you gave up teaming because people didn't behave like a team? So not to team with other players who happen to be in the same instance is "acting like a team"?

Archived Post 07-10-2011 01:03 PM

It seems some people just have to be forced to do the right thing.

Archived Post 07-10-2011 04:52 PM

Auto teaming was one of the best things they added (auto disbanding was a bit of a mistake but still). You've got the wrong attitude. It's yours and you are entitled to it but I hope I never have to play with someone like that.