Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Would klingons liberate borg? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=223473)

Archived Post 07-11-2011 04:52 AM

Would klingons liberate borg?

i watched birthright again the other day (tng; season 6 epps 16 and 17) and it showed klingons who would rather die than be freed, who chose to stay prisoners because the dishonor of returning would affect their families for 3 generations.

so surely the honorable way to liberate a klingon is with a bat'leth to the throat.

because of this i think the klinogn liberated race should be gorn, as a subdued race i dont think they care too much about their conquors sence of honor and a giant zombie lizard man robot appeals to me for some reason.

(note; i dont expect anything to acctualy change, just putting it out there that i dont think klingons would want to live after being captured)

Archived Post 07-11-2011 05:48 AM

There's always a way to regain your honor... a battle fought in your name after you died without honor (to even be admitted into stovokor), or fighting a great battle yourself probably against your former captor.
Not sure about details, not a Klingon expert here.

Archived Post 07-11-2011 06:11 AM

I think they would consider death the honorable way out. So, no.

Archived Post 07-11-2011 06:13 AM

I'd say yes ... Give the warrior a chance to redeem his honor and die honorably FIGHTING the borg.

Archived Post 07-11-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
I'd say yes ... Give the warrior a chance to redeem his honor and die honorably FIGHTING the borg.

they dont realy give chances, they just punish, i think they are unlikely to go "you have dishonored your self and your family, take this ship and try to do better"

Archived Post 07-11-2011 07:35 AM

Yeah, it might not actually make sense, but I have a Liberated Klingon Borg toon and I like her and getting to play her just fine.

Liberated Gorn Borg? Giant Cyborg Lizardmen don't really push my buttons, sorry.

You know, I paid for the Lifetime Sub and I was damn sure I was going to use the shiny that came with it.

I just didn't want to do it Fed-side with all the other Liberated Borg filling up ESD along with the Joined Trill and Efficient Alien spam.

Archived Post 07-11-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJ_Costello
Yeah, it might not actually make sense, but I have a Liberated Klingon Borg toon and I like her and getting to play her just fine.

Liberated Gorn Borg? Giant Cyborg Lizardmen don't really push my buttons, sorry.

You know, I paid for the Lifetime Sub and I was damn sure I was going to use the shiny that came with it.

I just didn't want to do it Fed-side with all the other Liberated Borg filling up ESD along with the Joined Trill and Efficient Alien spam.

thats not realy in the spirit of why i made this thread, i have 2 lib borg klingons and said in the OP i dont want anything to actually change), i was just asking if klingons would do it, knowing what we know about klingons

Archived Post 07-11-2011 07:54 AM

Borgs Are Dishonorable

The Klingon would consider the Borg assimiltation to be dishonorable, so to liberate their own from the Borg would be the only honorable step. The Klingons are also not stupid, in that, a liberated Klingon Borg would have valuable knowledge needed for the fight against the Borg (they would know how Seven was of extreme benefit to Voyager's survival). So, a liberated Klingon Borg will give a warrior a second chance to gain honor and be a usefull weapon against the Borg. As for the family, The warrior would be declared dead, and the revived Klingon Borg would be sworn to never divulge their new existence to their old family. The council would also promise to give special favor to any Liberaged Klingon Borg that agreed to continue in the service of the Empire. Those that prefer death, would be granted it, but must live with the stigma of a dishonorable defeat (this part would convince most to accept the new secret life, along with a chance to avenge themselves against the Borg).

Liberated Klingon Borg is a "go".

Archived Post 07-11-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentinel64
The Klingon would consider the Borg assimiltation to be dishonorable, so to liberate their own from the Borg would be the only honorable step. The Klingons are also not stupid, in that, a liberated Klingon Borg would have valuable knowledge needed for the fight against the Borg (they would know how Seven was of extreme benefit to Voyager's survival). So, a liberated Klingon Borg will give a warrior a second chance to gain honor and be a usefull weapon against the Borg. As for the family, The warrior would be declared dead, and the revived Klingon Borg would be sworn to never divulge their new existence to their old family. The council would also promise to give special favor to any Liberaged Klingon Borg that agreed to continue in the service of the Empire. Those that prefer death, would be granted it, but must live with the stigma of a dishonorable defeat (this part would convince most to accept the new secret life, along with a chance to avenge themselves against the Borg).

killing the borg is the more honorable step, and it's easier, the knowlage can be downloaded from a ship, dont need a drone for that.

and as for the rest... you make it look as if liberated drones are worshiped by the empire. and suggest dishonorably ignoring their past and family just to try and remove dishonor of being captured in battle.

your answer looks like what the romulans would do (not that they care about honor)

Archived Post 07-11-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentinel64

given the current state of the game i wouldn't be suprised if that's how it is nowadays and to the OP you made a vary valid point that i do agree with but according to the timelime we are on it's been almost 40 years since some of these things happened and the empire mire have changed their collective view on dishonour since then to both assist and grow, now on a personal level you can't tell people how to think so many klingons not on the high council may indead see them as unhonourable abominations