Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   PvP Q Fix (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=224217)

Archived Post 07-15-2011 06:30 AM

PvP Q Fix

Nuke the Q already and place more kerrat like systems

Archived Post 07-15-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven

Worst Idea ever... I love the PvP queue it just needs a bit of tweaking :D

Archived Post 07-15-2011 07:15 AM

Tweaking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammel105 (Post 3645214)
Worst Idea ever... I love the PvP queue it just needs a bit of tweaking :D

From the first day the have done that thing that how it endded up as it is!

Archived Post 07-15-2011 01:24 PM

I agree the PVP Que system needs.. ALOT of work, and more attention then it's been given currently. I can only hope that by the time the game reaches 2 years old, that attention will be given..

But I disagree that it needs to be removed from the game entirely, just as I disagree that Ker'rat should be nuked. With their decision to try and impliment a more instanced Open PVP system, I'm hoping that gives us more places to go to get our Pew Pew off on feds and Klingons alike. At least until they can eventually find a way to make Sector Space an area where we can actually PVP as well..

Archived Post 07-15-2011 01:35 PM

Queues suck, open areas are the only way to get more people involved, no one wants to wait.

Where does everyone go when they are waiting for queues? Krraaaat - because they are board and want ACTION instantly, not sit and wait...

Need sep spawn points that are protected from spawn camping, and then a balance mechanic so things can't get too over powering on one side or the other.. not saying it has to be 1:1 - just saying it sucks if there are 10 feds or 10 klingon ships in there and only 15 avail slots for the zone, etc. Other games do this all the time.. and it works..

Heck - i'd even be for some zones that allowed klingons and feds to be on same team and the system would just balance all avail players so the teams were even..

- x -

Archived Post 07-15-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven

I'd agree with that if we had open pvp in Eta Eridani, but since we don't then no thanks....

Archived Post 07-17-2011 01:56 PM

Open PvP areas should be limited

Personally I prefer the queues, hate the forced teaming because if you happen upon a really great team there is no way to stay teamed when the match ends!.

Open PvP areas have two problems for me. How to control the tier levels + ship classes, and secondly, you are always going to end up with one side numerically at an advantage.

Archived Post 07-18-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Personally I prefer the queues, hate the forced teaming because if you happen upon a really great team there is no way to stay teamed when the match ends!.

Open PvP areas have two problems for me. How to control the tier levels + ship classes, and secondly, you are always going to end up with one side numerically at an advantage.

Or if you are on a team going into a CnH it is a good possibility your team will be broken up and reformed.

Archived Post 07-19-2011 09:42 AM

Greetings,

It is only through battle against our enemies that the razor of excellence is sharpened

Yours in razor sharp Plasma,
Star*Dagger