Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Emergency Maintenance (July 15, 2011) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=224275)

Archived Post 07-15-2011 11:58 AM

Emergency Maintenance (July 15, 2011)

We will be bringing down Holodeck from 1:00PM to 3:00PM PDT (2000 to 2300 UTC) in order to perform an emergency maintenance and apply a new patch. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed.

Archived Post 07-15-2011 12:00 PM

Awesome, will the Foundry be reactivated? ^^

Archived Post 07-15-2011 12:03 PM

Any chance this will allow recent demo players to access their original characters on their now-upgraded account?

Archived Post 07-15-2011 12:06 PM

Wow, I sure hope it's a critical problem that can't wait until tomorrow or next time to be fixed... But then you wouldn't take the servers offline during some (semi)prime playing time for the majority of your playerbase, would you? :rolleyes:

edit: also, window should end at 22:00 UTC. ;)

Archived Post 07-15-2011 12:14 PM

yeh any reason why for another week which i seem to think you do this on purpose you are doing mainence

the 4 stfs i have done over the past 6-7 weeks have all been disrupted for downtime

can you explain why

Archived Post 07-15-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimS84 (Post 3645793)
Wow, I sure hope it's a critical problem that can't wait until tomorrow or next time to be fixed... But then you wouldn't take the servers offline during some (semi)prime playing time for the majority of your playerbase, would you? :rolleyes:

FYI - In the U.S. (on both the East and West coast) the majority of the working age playerbase is still at work (although some can access the forums via the internet from working during breaks or lunch. ;)

Archived Post 07-15-2011 12:18 PM

All my hot keys were messed up. I think this may have something to do with the emergency. At least I hope so. I don't want to find out my $100 mouse is all screwed up.:confused:

Archived Post 07-15-2011 12:18 PM

Thanks for the updates. I suppose I should get in the habit of checking the forums everytime I wake up to make sure I don't do like I just did... (bit of sarcasm there) get up, relax, take my time, think about what I want to do, then decide to play some and get my detla daily done. Unfortunately, now I see I won't be able to do that for another 3 hours now.

What to do!? heh

Seriously though, I am happy for all these fixes and the quick implementation of them. Just seems as of late, that all these updates have been during my play times. So my apologies for my slight discontent. That discontent is out-weighted though by the continual updates. I just hope a better medium could be found.

Archived Post 07-15-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
Thanks for the updates. I suppose I should get in the habit of checking the forums everytime I wake up to make sure I don't do like I just did... get up, relax, take my time, think about what I want to do, then decide to play some and get my detla daily done. Unfortunately, now I see I won't be able to do that for another 3 hours now.

What to do!? heh

Actually - from the time of your post - you shpuld have 42 minutes, assuming you aren't affected by the issues they're correcting.

Archived Post 07-15-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimS84 (Post 3645793)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmack
yeh any reason why for another week which i seem to think you do this on purpose you are doing mainence

the 4 stfs i have done over the past 6-7 weeks have all been disrupted for downtime

can you explain why

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=224283

Quote:

Originally Posted by WishStone
General:
  • Server Stability Issues are being addressed