Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Infected Mission - Just got back into the game (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=224499)

Archived Post 07-17-2011 07:51 AM

Infected Mission - Just got back into the game
 
I have a question about the "Infected" mission. Is that mission soloable? I enter the system where the starbase is located and it's surrounded by several Borg Cubes & Spheres. Now matter how I engage them, I get torn apart within a minute. Am I supposed to be using some set of weapons against the Borg?

Currently using Quantum Torps and Phaser Arrays.

Archived Post 07-17-2011 08:05 AM

That is an STF - Special Task Force mission. You need a team to complete it. 3 at the minimum with a max of 5. You won't be able to complete it solo.

Archived Post 07-17-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrykerV
That is an STF - Special Task Force mission. You need a team to complete it. 3 at the minimum with a max of 5. You won't be able to complete it solo.

And you wont be able to complete it with 5 people if you have just an average pug group.

Archived Post 07-18-2011 04:39 AM

Don't let negativity fool you.
PuG can finish it, they just need be able to listen and at least one guy able to lead who knows the mission and working tactics.

Archived Post 07-18-2011 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Don't let negativity fool you.
PuG can finish it, they just need be able to listen and at least one guy able to lead who knows the mission and working tactics.

In my experience, that would qualify as an "above average" PUG :p

Archived Post 07-18-2011 05:42 AM

Then what would be teh difference between an average PuG and a below average PuG? :p

In my book above average would be when everybody knows his role and strategies well enough to succeed almost withaout communicating at all.

Archived Post 07-18-2011 06:17 AM

An average PuG will flounder about at the boss and ragequit after 10 wipes. A below average PuG ragequits before that because the medic won't heal, the eng uses phaser turrets and the tac tries to melee the borg.

Archived Post 07-18-2011 06:35 AM

If you would like to team up to do this, just send me a PM. :D

Archived Post 07-18-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjaturtle28 (Post 3649300)
An average PuG will flounder about at the boss and ragequit after 10 wipes. A below average PuG ragequits before that because the medic won't heal, the eng uses phaser turrets and the tac tries to melee the borg.

Exactly.

/10chars


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM.