Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Spawn Camping: And how we just overcame it (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=224644)

Archived Post 07-18-2011 01:10 PM

Spawn Camping: And how we just overcame it

So I'm cruising through Omega Leonis when the call came out over KDF Alliance that Ortha had an infestation of fed spawn campers. They were not advancing the objectives simply sitting on the spawn spot and killing people as they beamed in and spawned. Now being a Klingon the person experiencing this didn't rage quit and make a forum post. No he fought back, and so more came to camp. And this is when the tide changed, this is when the KDF showed its true strength and overcame.

The call went out, and the Alliance answered. The campers found themselves swarmed with an influx of new KDF beam ins, and though it was slow and hard they found themselves driven from the spawn point forced to retreat, and ultimately hunted down. Pride hurt and tails between their legs the insults flooded zone but the fact had been stamped in the annals of the Klingon Empire. We united, we coordinated, and we drove them back.

This stands as a lesson to all who PvP. Spawn camping is an annoyance, but it is not something not overcome. Coordinate, call on your allies, move the moment you can, buff, debuff, but fight. Let the unity of the KDF Alliance stand as a lesson. That unity and cooperation even in PUGs is a necessity for PvP. And we were a PUG, we came in the instance of a call, not an organized resistance, and we persevered. And that is something all who would otherwise put down their blade and complain for nerf should take to heart.

TEAMWORK.

Archived Post 07-18-2011 01:18 PM

Nice. Those missions sound like real fun, I could never get them to work last time I tried though. I'll try to help out our outnumbered bros when possible.

Archived Post 07-18-2011 04:00 PM

strange... when this happens to me as a fed in kerrat and i put a call out to other fleet memebers and they come i get called all kinds of things except "a nice player". hmmm....

Archived Post 07-18-2011 04:57 PM

Those people probably would have whined regardless. May as well even it out. :)

Archived Post 07-18-2011 05:11 PM

Greetings,

There is no such thing as spawn camping, the correct military nomenclature is Deployment Suppression.

Yours in Full Military Tactics Plasma,
Star*Dagger

Archived Post 07-18-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matteo716 (Post 3650244)
strange... when this happens to me as a fed in kerrat and i put a call out to other fleet memebers and they come i get called all kinds of things except "a nice player". hmmm....

Same here.

Archived Post 07-18-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerekSlide
Same here.

My thoughts exactly. Doesn't stop us from doing it though ;).

Archived Post 07-18-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Greetings,

There is no such thing as spawn camping, the correct military nomenclature is Deployment Suppression.

Yours in Full Military Tactics Plasma,
Star*Dagger

HE LIVES! :D

Archived Post 07-18-2011 08:53 PM

The question, of course, is what to do in an arena match - no one else to call, since every player is already there.

Archived Post 07-19-2011 12:30 AM

The guilt exists on both sides, so why glorify it as a one sided issue?