Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Open PvP: Is it okay to swap sides? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=224765)

Archived Post 07-19-2011 09:43 AM

Open PvP: Is it okay to swap sides?

We see a lot of FEDs swapping over to Klingon side on Otha and Kerrat. Iam not complaining. Usually it is to balance it up some. Is it against the rules? Should it be?

Archived Post 07-19-2011 09:46 AM

It is a bug. Not more and not less.

Archived Post 07-19-2011 09:48 AM

Seen it both ways actually. I know of a few KDF who will swap sides if there is a large imbalance of FED vs KDF or if they note someone is spawn camping.

It's probably however a bug and should be fixed.

Archived Post 07-19-2011 08:15 PM

Peeps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursix
Seen it both ways actually. I know of a few KDF who will swap sides if there is a large imbalance of FED vs KDF or if they note someone is spawn camping.

It's probably however a bug and should be fixed.

Peeps that do this are the bottom of the trashcan frap and report them if you want fvf or kvk then que for it.

Archived Post 07-20-2011 06:08 AM

Yeah, like the others said, its a bug.. People intentionally using it, is exploiting it.

Archived Post 07-20-2011 06:52 AM

Considering that no advantage is gained, is it really an exploit? There is no FvF or KvK que for open PvP. I personally don't mind it. But sometimes someone will warp in and threaten to report. It would be nice to know if it is an official violation.
For example, my son and I go to Otha. No other players are there. For a challenge he swaps sides. After a while another player shows up. He threatens to report even though nobody attacked him.
Another example 1 guy is out numbered by the other side. A few players swap sides to stop spawn camping.

Archived Post 07-20-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Considering that no advantage is gained, is it really an exploit? There is no FvF or KvK que for open PvP. I personally don't mind it. But sometimes someone will warp in and threaten to report. It would be nice to know if it is an official violation.
For example, my son and I go to Otha. No other players are there. For a challenge he swaps sides. After a while another player shows up. He threatens to report even though nobody attacked him.
Another example 1 guy is out numbered by the other side. A few players swap sides to stop spawn camping.

Per defination, this is a bug.

Intentionally using this is, again per defination, an exploit.

Now, I couldnt care less, just saying how it would be viewed.

Archived Post 07-20-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelineAaele (Post 3652845)
Per defination, this is a bug.

Intentionally using this is, again per defination, an exploit.

Now, I couldnt care less, just saying how it would be viewed.

Thank you. I don't like to swap sides myself. I can just log in my KDF. But my son...kids...
I keep trying to get him to level up a KDF...kids.

Archived Post 07-20-2011 09:24 AM

I've had this happen to me before, I wasn't aware it could be triggered on purpose? Regardless of technicalities regarding exploits, it is essentially harmless.

Archived Post 07-20-2011 09:57 AM

How would you guys feel if, say, a couple players repeatedly logged out from arena matches and logged back in on the opposite side? Over and over during the match to prevent their original side from ever getting any reinforcements? Match after match? Ruining the gaming experience of 8 other players?