Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   "Artistry of the Killer Combo's" (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=224772)

Archived Post 07-19-2011 11:42 AM

"Artistry of the Killer Combo's"
 
For ages I have been trying find somewhere that will tell me what abilities and skills work great together, and was hoping some of you would share your experiences?

Please response using this simple template:

Class: TAC / SCI/ ENG
Tactic: Defensive / Offensive
Description: short summary of what you experienced, and perhaps any shared cooldowns that hampered you?
Skills: e.g EptS III + EWC III

* Disclaimer: I know there are many threads, posts, sites etc detailing these but I still would like one post to refer to instead of searching far and wide. :o

Archived Post 07-19-2011 01:25 PM

Ok what is EWC, Eject Warp Core3

Archived Post 07-19-2011 01:34 PM

I'll get the ball rolling ...
 
Class: TAC / SCI/ ENG
Tactic: Defensive / Offensive
Description: This is a great combo to use when you have situational awareness of possible counters. It's a burst attack so your window of opportunity is small. Tactical Fleet confers All Damage strength for 30 secs, as well as boosts your Starship Attack Vectors for 30 secs; Go down fighting increases your Damage strength for 60 secs (scaled damage buff); Attack Pattern Alpha gives you a combination of +30 (60%) Base Damage strength for 30 sec, +2% (4%) Critical Chance for 30 sec, +20% (40%) Critical Severity for 30 sec, +80% Flight Turn Rate strength for 30 sec

Skills: e.g Tactical Fleet + Gone down fighting + Attack Pattern Alpha + Cannon Rapid Fire III (HYT III as soon as shields go down)

APA is affected by:
Starship Attack Vectors
Starship Combat Maneuvers
Starship Battle Strategy

Go down fighting is affected by:
Tactical Team Leader

THY is affected by:
Starship Torpedo Weapons
Starship Projectile Weapons Training
* weapon stats

CRF is affected by:
Starship Cannon Weapons
Starship Energy Weapons Training
* weapons stats

Critique welcome!

Archived Post 07-19-2011 01:35 PM

Yip, roger, righto!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Data
Ok what is EWC, Eject Warp Core3

Correct - but its was just an example :)

Archived Post 07-19-2011 01:59 PM

My favourite defensive
 
Class: TAC / SCI/ ENG
Tactic: Defensive / Offensive
Description: If you are looking to play a more support role the the following combo will heal amost any ally under duress. TSS grants a large shield regen and small shield damage resistance buff. The higher your aux the better the transfer, so swop to a high aux power setting, and pop an aux. battery for the AtSIF, which grants a small hull heal and medium damage resistance. HE will give your ally a large hull regen, small damage resistance, as well as a hazard debuff cleanse. ENG, well that speaks for itself right :)

Skills: e.g TSS II + ENG III + HE I + AtSIF III (get your EptS III handy for when you come under attack)

TSS is affected by:
Starship Operations Training
Starship Deflectors
Starship Deflector Field

Engineering is affected by:
Engineering Team Leader
Starship Engine Maintenance
Starship Hull Repair

HE is affected by:
Starship Emitters
Starship Hazard System
Starship Operations Training

AtSIF is affected by:
Starship Engineering Training
Starship Auxiliary Systems Maintenance
Starship Auxiliary Systems Performance

Archived Post 07-19-2011 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Class: TAC / SCI/ ENG
Tactic: Defensive / Offensive
Description: This is a great combo to use when you have situational awareness of possible counters. It's a burst attack so your window of opportunity is small. Tactical Fleet confers All Damage strength for 30 secs, as well as boosts your Starship Attack Vectors for 30 secs; Go down fighting increases your Damage strength for 60 secs (scaled damage buff); Attack Pattern Alpha gives you a combination of +30 (60%) Base Damage strength for 30 sec, +2% (4%) Critical Chance for 30 sec, +20% (40%) Critical Severity for 30 sec, +80% Flight Turn Rate strength for 30 sec

Skills: e.g Tactical Fleet + Gone down fighting + Attack Pattern Alpha + Cannon Rapid Fire III (HYT III as soon as shields go down)

Critique welcome!

Don't have the numbers but the preferred combo is
tactical initiative-TF-GDF-FOMM-APA-APO-CRF2 then HYT1 or 2. If you have cloak you also get a bonus.

A nice secondary is

APB-CRF2-HYT1 or 2 while APA is still running.

Archived Post 07-19-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Data
Don't have the numbers but the preferred combo is
tactical initiative-TF-GDF-FOMM-APA-APO-CRF2 then HYT1 or 2. If you have cloak you also get a bonus.

A nice secondary is

APB-CRF2-HYT1 or 2 while APA is still running.

Agreed - personally I save FOMM + HYT II as a secondary to the above. Is that not feasible? I also fire Tactical Initiative last to speed-up the cooldowns?

Archived Post 07-19-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Agreed - personally I save FOMM + HYT II as a secondary to the above. Is that not feasible? I also fire Tactical Initiative last to speed-up the cooldowns?

Yeah TI at the end is better duh, work is draining the brain. I guess it depends on preference with FOMM. I use it in team play to mark my target.

Archived Post 07-19-2011 02:32 PM

Great engineer offensive tactic
 
Class: TAC / SCI/ ENG
Tactic: Defensive / Offensive (* Requires Borg Tractor)
Description: This works great if you find yourself in a cruiser with an escort on your tail. Requires a bit of practice. First lure the escort to get behind you. If you can achieve this bait - drop to 50% speed. The escort will drop to compensate. Eject Warp Core and you *should* trap the escort. Immediately hit Evasive Maneuvers to cirle around the escort, using DEM as a broadside attack. As soon as you have come to a L-shaped position behind the escort come to a full stop. Engage the BORG Tractor and continue to fire + pop a weapons battery, and engage EPS and Nadion Inversion.

Skills: Eject Warp Core III + Directed Energy Modulation II or EPW III + EPS Power Transfer + Nadion Inversion

EPS affected by:
Starship Engine Maintenance
Starship Engine Efficiency
Starship Warp Core Training

Nadion Inversion affected by:
Starship Engineering Training
Starship Weapon Systems Performance
Starship Auxiliary Systems Maintenance

DEM affected by:
Starship Engineering Training
Starship Weapon Systems Maintenance
Starship Weapon Systems Performance

EWC affected by:
Starship Engineering Training
Starship Engine Maintenance
Starship Engine Performance

Archived Post 07-20-2011 09:39 AM

Being able to maneuver you ship is the most important skill you can learn.

S*D


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM.