Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Original Series Items (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=226261)

Archived Post 07-29-2011 11:25 PM

Original Series Items
 
Greeting's fellow Trekkies,

Just wondering the other night if Cryptic would be releasing more Original Series themed items in-game? (such as Original Series communicators, tricorders, etc)

Archived Post 07-31-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McCoy3773 (Post 3672587)
Greeting's fellow Trekkies,

Just wondering the other night if Cryptic would be releasing more Original Series themed items in-game? (such as Original Series communicators, tricorders, etc)

A lot of stuff is in already. Unfortunately I am thinking that communicators and tricorders are back burnered. If even on the table.

Buy the TOS bundle and you get all the uniforms and can give phaser type 2 to your entire bridge crew. You can get phaser type 1 and phaser rifle from missions or mission replays.

Playing at LT level with the TOS Connie and bridge sets and uniforms and weapons is just kick butt. Wished I could do it to vice admiral.

Of course if your a roleplayer like I am it just gives you such geeky goodness that is better than a sugar high.

Archived Post 08-01-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayvenwing (Post 3675176)
A lot of stuff is in already. Unfortunately I am thinking that communicators and tricorders are back burnered. If even on the table.

Buy the TOS bundle and you get all the uniforms and can give phaser type 2 to your entire bridge crew. You can get phaser type 1 and phaser rifle from missions or mission replays.

Playing at LT level with the TOS Connie and bridge sets and uniforms and weapons is just kick butt. Wished I could do it to vice admiral.

Of course if your a roleplayer like I am it just gives you such geeky goodness that is better than a sugar high.

I've already got the TOS Bundle and starship, seems really good. Also, is there a TOS phaser rifle and hand held "shaver" phaser?

Archived Post 08-02-2011 11:15 AM

I would really like more of this content! It is nice to be on your TOS corridors on your Connie and see everyone walking around in TOS uniforms but I really think the tricorders and medical scanners as well as weapons would be cool.

I think you get the 2265 Federation Type 3 Phaser Rifle from the Devidian Front final mission “Night of the Comet”. A MUST for any TOS Captain ;)

Archived Post 08-02-2011 05:23 PM

and you get the type 1 phaser pistol from the Guardian missions with Miral Paris.

Archived Post 08-04-2011 01:18 AM

I hope not..

We are in 2409 not the 2260s..

Archived Post 08-08-2011 06:48 AM

I wonder if they will make any other era content. TMP set could be nice.

Archived Post 08-09-2011 06:35 AM

Me and some friends had a huge in-game discussion a week or so ago on how awesome it would be (though unlikely) if Cryptic opened another Server (so you can copy characters over) like Tribble but called it Original Series Server. That way you could have TOS Corries at VA level and maybe even make some ships based around the "TOS Ship Style" for Fed, Klingons and Romulans.

Miranda inspired TOS counter part- http://spyrou77.files.wordpress.com/...miniorthos.jpg
Another TOS ship- http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merc...d3/truth1n.jpg
Alternate Klingon D7- http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/me...hip-sketch.jpg

I suppose you could sneak in one or two alien ships from ENT too (like Andorian, Vulcan ships)
You could also include stand alone Vulcan, Tellarite, Andorian, Gorn and Orion factions... you could even sneak in Cardassians if you take some novels/comics of TOS into account :D

But think of it, a classic Trek server with weird and wonderful encounters and classic battles with old foes.

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media...ed/320x240.jpg
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merc...3/entinc2n.jpg

Personally I'd be willing to make the sacrifice of not having my Liberated Borg main Character and making him completely human. That said you could still include the numerous "Alien" races that players have made. The only reason we didn't see a lot of aliens in TOS was due to budget and the make up/special effect limitations of the day, but as we see in TOS Animated series, with M'ress and Arex, there are species in Starfleet and the Federation that you didn't see in the live action show.

... I geek out when ever I think about the possibility :D

Archived Post 08-09-2011 06:46 AM

I snatched up a blue TOS-era Klingon Disruptor Pistol MK IV back when I was a LtCmdr.


It was a sad day when I finally got weapons that were undeniably better. Still have it in my bank, since it was such an awesome item to grab.

Archived Post 08-09-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starmutt (Post 3690149)
Me and some friends had a huge in-game discussion a week or so ago on how awesome it would be (though unlikely) if Cryptic opened another Server (so you can copy characters over) like Tribble but called it Original Series Server. That way you could have TOS Corries at VA level and maybe even make some ships based around the "TOS Ship Style" for Fed, Klingons and Romulans.

Miranda inspired TOS counter part- http://spyrou77.files.wordpress.com/...miniorthos.jpg
Another TOS ship- http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merc...d3/truth1n.jpg
Alternate Klingon D7- http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/me...hip-sketch.jpg

I suppose you could sneak in one or two alien ships from ENT too (like Andorian, Vulcan ships)
You could also include stand alone Vulcan, Tellarite, Andorian, Gorn and Orion factions... you could even sneak in Cardassians if you take some novels/comics of TOS into account :D

But think of it, a classic Trek server with weird and wonderful encounters and classic battles with old foes.

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media...ed/320x240.jpg
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merc...3/entinc2n.jpg

Personally I'd be willing to make the sacrifice of not having my Liberated Borg main Character and making him completely human. That said you could still include the numerous "Alien" races that players have made. The only reason we didn't see a lot of aliens in TOS was due to budget and the make up/special effect limitations of the day, but as we see in TOS Animated series, with M'ress and Arex, there are species in Starfleet and the Federation that you didn't see in the live action show.

... I geek out when ever I think about the possibility :D

You are making me geek out now!! It would fall in perfectly into our Fleet game play. I would be happy with a fleet spacestation with all TOS equipment!!!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:12 PM.