Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   is every KDF a tactical officer? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=226856)

Archived Post 08-03-2011 01:34 PM

is every KDF a tactical officer?

it seems to me that every person i click on in the city is a tactical officer. Do you think there is imbalance in this region of the KDF? me personally i think it comes with the faction. The idea of playing a strong belligerent war like race probably isnt going to attract many scientists : / Do you think this is hurting the KDF?

Archived Post 08-03-2011 01:41 PM

Im an engineer.....And most of the ships are more tactically oriented so that may be why

Archived Post 08-03-2011 01:42 PM

My first LG was a Scientist, my second a Tac, and the one I'm working on now is a Lt.Com. Engineer.

Archived Post 08-03-2011 01:43 PM

I'm thinking of making a Klink science officer here soon.

Archived Post 08-03-2011 01:58 PM

Not all...I've got a Lt Gen Tac, Eng and Sci...plus another Sci that's still Capt.

Archived Post 08-03-2011 02:02 PM

Edit: My Nausicaan is a Tactical Officer and is my main for the KDF side. I just made a Female Orion Engineer and I am almost tmpted to make her my main instead of my Tactical Officer. I really do enjoy playing a damage type class and fighting with a Bat'leth is fun to me. I do play an Engineer on the Federation side and she is my main, so maybe the reason I am thinking about having my new KDF Engineer as my main is because I am use to playing it. That and I like the way I made my Female Orions uniform, I did not choose the skimpy outfit but I will have that as an alt uniform. :p

EDIT: Plus I rarely play a damage type of character in my other mmo's so playing Tactical was a nice change. Usually I play the class where I just hang back and deal with crowd control, back up heal, de-buffs etc..

I have actually been running into a good mix Tactical, Engineers and Science Officers when I am on Qo'noS. I have seen a lot of Klingons as Tactical Officers and Female Orions as either Science or Engineer. Those two races seem to be the most popular also, epsecially the Female Orions, lol. :p

Archived Post 08-03-2011 02:05 PM

My LG1 is an ENG and the main I am playing now is a Sci Officer who is up to CM1 so far. My poor Gorn who is the Tactical is still waiting to enter the fray but so far is unable to find a way into the Warriors hall :(

Archived Post 08-03-2011 02:10 PM

There's plenty of SciBoPs around, and I started one myself a few weeks ago. Most carrier captains are sci as well, and I see plenty of engs in battle cruisers. My main klink is a tac/raptor, though.

Archived Post 08-03-2011 02:11 PM

Sci/BoP ftw.

Archived Post 08-03-2011 02:58 PM

Got an Alien Engineer, a Liberated Borg Klingon Engineer, a Klingon Tac and a Gorn Science.
I seem to have a tendency towards the Engineers even though my Liberated Borg flies around in a Raptor.

I first noticed a tendency for a great many more Tacs in Sector Space when I first started playing the game at headstart...on the Starfleet side of things.
So maybe it's not just a Klingon thing but an STO thing.
A friend of mine and my primary playing partner and a WoW verteran sarcastically commented that it probably was the same kind of players who had played damage-heavy chars in WoW and who cared very much for their "damage-meters" in WoW.
He also expressed relief that there was no such "meter" in STO.
I have no idea whether he's right even though I usually trust his judgment and since I never played WoW myself I don't know much about the "damage-meter" breed of players anyway.
It would certainly be interesting to know how much the community in general tended towards certain professions...