Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Map Object Sorting? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=227517)

Archived Post 08-08-2011 07:44 PM

Map Object Sorting?

Would it be possible to give us a way to sort the objects listed on our maps to help us find certain objects faster. Also, I'd like to have the objects sorted by type. For instance, Special objects would be listed at the top, followed by Buildings, Details, NPC Contacts, and NPC Groups. Then the objects could be listed in either alphabetical order, or in the same order found in the available objects list for each object type. So, what do you think? would this be an interesting addition to foundry?

Archived Post 08-08-2011 07:55 PM

please please, I dont know how many times Ive had to hunt for the shot glass I need to use in order to set it for a trigger on a map, and it is never on there in the order I placed it, it always ends up somewhere in the middle of 200 other objects.

Archived Post 08-08-2011 08:00 PM

It would be great to be able to sort into object-types (Unsorted, Alphabetical, Reverse Alphabetical) anmd then within that sort in object names (Unsorted, Alphabetical, Reverse Alphabetical).

Or perhaps a single set sort (Alphabetic, Reverse Alphabetic, Group Alphabetic, Group Reverse Alphabetic, Unsorted)

Group first sorts into whether an object is a reach marker, building detail, contact, group or map dialogue and then utilises it's secondary sort to go with an Alphabetical or Reverse Alphabetical sort.

Where just the standard Alphabetical and Reverse Alphabetical ignore the type of object it is.

And unsorted is just how it is now.

Archived Post 08-08-2011 08:02 PM

This would be immensely useful! I support this idea!

Please consider this, Devs!

Archived Post 08-08-2011 08:08 PM

Thank you everyone for the support. Personally, it would save me a lot of time trying to figure out when i placed a particular object on the map. And that's assuming that the order hasn't made an adjustment on its own.

Archived Post 08-08-2011 08:28 PM

If this were Google+, I would

+1 ! ... what?

Archived Post 08-08-2011 08:43 PM

Or even have it in alphabetical order will be handy.

Archived Post 08-08-2011 08:56 PM

Hi, I'm Rejak and I'm a foundry asset misplacer. :p I support this thread wholeheartedly!

Archived Post 08-08-2011 08:56 PM

Yup, I gotta agree here. Would be a good time saver.

Archived Post 08-09-2011 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soriedem (Post 3689643)
Would it be possible to give us a way to sort the objects listed on our maps to help us find certain objects faster. Also, I'd like to have the objects sorted by type. For instance, Special objects would be listed at the top, followed by Buildings, Details, NPC Contacts, and NPC Groups. Then the objects could be listed in either alphabetical order, or in the same order found in the available objects list for each object type. So, what do you think? would this be an interesting addition to foundry?

Absolutely would be nice, it is always a hunt for me as well as I use a great deal of things in my maps too.