Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Art of Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Female walk 8-11-11 update critique (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=227815)

Archived Post 08-11-2011 10:17 AM

Female walk 8-11-11 update critique

Improved..

Hip Sway::
Looks great if you have an orion Female toon.
Look ok if you have a female toon in high heels and off duty clothing (fed)

Look wrong for any female toon in low heeled boots. The body just doesn't quite walk like that

Arm Swing::
The arms swing wide from the body.. away at an angle, with the hands dropping behind the butt of the toon on the back swing and then on the forward swing the arms swing forward and outward from the body.
Thsi just does not look correct on what are supposed to be serving military officers. Wanderout to the nearest real world miliraty instellation and watch how serving military females walk. Or look at the walk of female corporate executive types.

Its ok if an green orion woman or a Dabo girl walks like that. They're trying to attract attention after all! And it does work for Klingon females though I would tend to think Klingon females would tend to bend the arms more at the elbow and tuck thier arms in..a slightly more agressive walk.. They might tend to more stalky aggressive stance. Theyare Klingons after all.. the would should be proud, that of a hunteress utterly certain of them selves.

It still doesn't look right for Federation female officers.. A female federation officers walk should be more dignified.. Chin up, back strait.. Firm, certain. Not walking like an airhead floosy. Even the Sex in the City girls managed a more dignified walk. Not like a teenager trying to attract the school jock.

A second walk animation should be in. Something definatly tighter, and more dignified.

Archived Post 08-11-2011 10:34 AM

what you describe is the same walk as before. so doesnt sound like there are that many changes.

and so you know high heels dont make a woman wiggle. its the mechanic of her foot placement, leg, hip, and spine. woman who wiggle do so normally flat footed regardless of what shoe they wear.
please, no stereotyping.

Archived Post 08-11-2011 10:37 AM

+1 ;) (min characters)

Archived Post 08-11-2011 10:48 AM

It has been toned down from what it was -- I was able to notice that when comparing the Holo walk and the Tribble walk just before this went to Holo.

IMO, I think the hips are okay, but the arm swing is still wrong. When I look at it from the side, it looks about right. From the front or rear, however, there's too much flinging the arms to the sides. The arms need to stay closer to the body -- eliminate much of the side-to-side swing and keep the front-to-back element. I think once that's fixed, it should look much better. As it is, the arm motion is actually making the hip motion seem more exaggerated -- right arm swings out to the right as the hips sway left and it makes it look like there's even more motion going on there than there is.

Archived Post 08-11-2011 10:49 AM

Oh please not again... Get over it already, how many times does cryptic have to update this? There are so many other bugs in this game which need serious attention.

Archived Post 08-11-2011 10:52 AM

...yeah...

... and for cryin' out loud..., stop starin' at yer toons butt... :p

<snicker>

Archived Post 08-11-2011 11:06 AM

Yeah the walk is silly as hell. I'm sure the artists can and will fix it if enough people complain. =p I don't use the walk key at all, but I can see how people can find it silly.

Archived Post 08-11-2011 12:28 PM

The walk doesn't seem that natural to me; it seems more like the 'proper' walks used at fashion shows. So yes, it would look good for Dabo Girls or for those formal outfits but not for someone on Patrol.

Archived Post 08-11-2011 08:16 PM

Sad to see the sunken eye sockets are still there. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marctraider (Post 3694194)
Oh please not again... Get over it already, how many times does cryptic have to update this? There are so many other bugs in this game which need serious attention.

Your point? Feedback is welcome, no matter what the priority you feel it should have, hence this subforum's existance.

Archived Post 08-11-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoson (Post 3694143)
what you describe is the same walk as before. so doesnt sound like there are that many changes.

and so you know high heels dont make a woman wiggle. its the mechanic of her foot placement, leg, hip, and spine. woman who wiggle do so normally flat footed regardless of what shoe they wear.
please, no stereotyping.

That is to say it is intentional. The fact is NO woman does that without TRYING to do that. I like to be sexy but I promise you that Shinkuu is not trying to attract everyone she comes across. She would normally walk with a more slow, deliberate, stern gait that showed she meant business. It would be graceful but powerful. I have not seen ANYONE who swings their arms that wide. It looks like they have some sort of an issue with their elbows or drank a case of Monster.

Whenever I see that walk the first thing that POPS into my head is: I'm too sexy for this game!