Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Metting up with friends in systems? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=228109)

Archived Post 08-13-2011 02:19 PM

Meeting up with friends in systems?

Heya, i was just tring to meet up wtih my team mate in a system she was in, and it said "1 team mate in system" but when i went in and we tried to find each other, we couldnt. I realize this game has instances but when i went to change it, it was greyed out? Any ideas?

Archived Post 08-13-2011 02:49 PM

If you want to meet up, the easiest place is in sector space or in a social zone like ESD. It is more difficult to meet up in a mission. To meet up in a mission, you have to be teamed up, and share the mission. If both of you are at earth space dock, and you are 'friends', look in your friends list. It should say something like "earth space dock #3". The '#3' refers to the instance, and you should be able to switch to it. If you can't change instances, then there is probably only 1 instance and you are both in it.

Archived Post 08-13-2011 02:58 PM

Ahh, from there could we do missions and such together?

Archived Post 08-13-2011 05:45 PM

To do missions together, just team up. Right click your friend's name, and select 'invite to team'. Regular missions can be 'shared'. press J to bring up your mission journal. select the one you want to do, and click 'share'. Then you can both do it.

For 'patrol' missions, those cannot be shared. but if 1 person has the mission, just go to the system and enter it. Then your teammate can follow.

Archived Post 08-13-2011 08:54 PM

Ah yeah, she was doing a patrol, but i tried to jump in after her, i guess i needed to have it too?

Archived Post 08-13-2011 10:44 PM

You shouldn't need to have the mission shared to join in. Sharing the mission only allows you to get the rewards for it, but if you don't care about the reward itself, you can join in at any point they are in.

If they haven't started the mission yet, simply have them go in first, and then choose to continue the mission. If they've already started, then you should have the option to continue the mission at whatever point they're on. (If that doesn't work, have them zone out, then zone back in, and then you follow them. Note they may lose progress on their current map by doing this.)

Archived Post 08-14-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabba2087
Ah yeah, she was doing a patrol, but i tried to jump in after her, i guess i needed to have it too?

Sometimes, if it is a ground mission, she may have to fly to the planet and beam down first before you can enter.

Archived Post 08-15-2011 12:19 AM

Hmm, i think we got it, had some fun today. Another question, she kicked out a few of my away team members with her own! How is that done? haha

Archived Post 08-15-2011 12:27 AM

She must have been team leader. Meaning she sets the level and options for the team. She also can choose which away team members to take. Usually the game will let you pick 1 to bring with you BUT....she can opt to only take her crew.

Archived Post 08-15-2011 03:23 AM

Sonnova.... Thanks haha.