Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Akira Class Tier 5 with universal Ensign and console (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=228171)

Archived Post 08-14-2011 11:09 AM

Akira Class Tier 5 with universal Ensign and console
 
Hey, suggestion here. I often wondered what the Akira Class eguipted with Borg shields etc would look like. Awesome. I suggest a creation of tier 5 Akira Class retro fit. That the Akira Class would have a universal ensign BO, and one universal console. Since it's a heavy in the escort ships then the hull (39,000) would be more than the regular tier five ships. Being bluky, it would suffer the turn radius that other escorts have. Additionally, the Akira Class Refit would have a rapid fire photon torpedoes which launches 6 torps with a 2-3 minute cool down. Pretty much same cool down as the Phaser Lance.

Front Weapon Load-outs 4
Rear Weapon Load-outs 3
One yield rapid fire Photon Torpedo Launcher (qty launches 6 with 2-3 min CD)

BO

Tac Cmdr
Tac LtCmder
Eng Lt
Sci Lt
Ensign universal

Console

Tac 4
Eng 2
Sci 2
Universal 1
Device 2

I would drop 2000-2500 crypitc $$$$$ to get my hands on that ship. Com'on Dev think money!:D

Archived Post 08-14-2011 01:58 PM

Considering the fact that the Akira is actually a Heavy Cruiser & Gunship a more appropriate BOff layout would be:

Commander Tactical
Lieutenant Tactical
Ensign Tactical
Lieutenant Commander Engineering
Lieutenant Science

Archived Post 08-14-2011 02:24 PM

Written by true federation only players , gimmi gimmi gimmi i want i want i want.:D
hence the reason why iv not bothered my backside with this game since feb.

Archived Post 08-17-2011 01:26 PM

That's at great point. Guy thx for the input.:)

Archived Post 08-17-2011 03:55 PM

Oslo>Akira

That is all :p

Archived Post 08-17-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexraptor (Post 3699570)
Considering the fact that the Akira is actually a Heavy Cruiser & Gunship

But in this game they made it an escort. Just like they made the Nebula a science ship.

In fact it was the Nebula's creation that finally got me to stop paying attention to any and every suggested BOFF layout on these forums. I gave em up. Cold turkey. Because the Nebula just broke away from things so dramatically.

I want a T5 Akira. But I don't have any faith in the development team to lay it out properly with bridge officer stations.

Archived Post 08-17-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superchum (Post 3704843)
But in this game they made it an escort. Just like they made the Nebula a science ship.

In fact it was the Nebula's creation that finally got me to stop paying attention to any and every suggested BOFF layout on these forums. I gave em up. Cold turkey. Because the Nebula just broke away from things so dramatically.

I want a T5 Akira. But I don't have any faith in the development team to lay it out properly with bridge officer stations.

Well to some degree it kinda does make sense, since it is a ship aimed more at combat being a torpedo boat with its 15 torpedo launchers.
And it is the only ship in its tier that can use the rank III torpedo abilities.
So with that in mind a Lt.Cmdr engineering BO slot like i suggested does make a lot of sense.

Archived Post 08-18-2011 12:07 AM

i think the akira should replace the current fleet escort at tier 5, and the norway/steamrunner should be created made tier 3, with the current fleet escort moved to tier 4. call tier 4 escorts heavy escorts and tier 3 escorts tactical escorts. then introduce the defiant as the advanced tactical escort at tier 3 and 5, and the now tier 4 escort can be a tier 5 retrofit. every thing makes a hell of alot more sense and everyone gets what they want.

Archived Post 08-18-2011 10:52 AM

I think... they're likely to do exactly what's been suggested here but they'll dress the ship up like an Andorian vessel. Dstahl's already said his goal is to put every ship in the various series into the game, that's a tall order and he's not going to get there by T-5 refitting an Akira or Excelsior... oh wait, nevermind.

Archived Post 08-18-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jermbot (Post 3705961)
I think... they're likely to do exactly what's been suggested here but they'll dress the ship up like an Andorian vessel. Dstahl's already said his goal is to put every ship in the various series into the game, that's a tall order and he's not going to get there by T-5 refitting an Akira or Excelsior... oh wait, nevermind.

Not every ship from the series has to be playable.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:13 AM.