Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Confirmed: STO is going F2P!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=228193)

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:33 PM

Confirmed: STO is going F2P!!!
 
Thats right folks. The exact date is not set in stone, but STO is in fact going F2P the end of this year. Unfortunately I cant give the source of this information, but pay careful attention: the mods might(and probably will) close this thread, but they wont actually DENY it ;)

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:36 PM

That's not a surprise considering the fact that CO went F2P and Perfect World bought them. Perfect World's MMOs are all free. Besides us lifers can't wait for this, free Cryptic Points ever month, woot woot :D lol

By the way if you don't mind, can you send me the link of this information? I'd like to use it in my blog.

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:39 PM

So you make a claim based on a anonymous source with no proof to provide and admit the devs will close this thread.

You'd make a good journalist. ;)

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:40 PM

It can't really be confirmed if you don't have a source.

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
Thats right folks. The exact date is not set in stone, but STO is in fact going F2P the end of this year. Unfortunately I cant give the source of this information, but pay careful attention: the mods might(and probably will) close this thread, but they wont actually DENY it ;)

Yeah great a random guy is telling us something, without giving the source and expects us to buy it... What a prince. I guess closing this thread is a good idea after all, and if the devs do not "deny" your troll claims that isnt prove for what you say.

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
So you make a claim based on a anonymous source with no proof to provide and admit the devs will close this thread.

You'd make a good journalist. ;)

LOL If he send me the link you'll be the first to know :)

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
Thats right folks. The exact date is not set in stone, but STO is in fact going F2P the end of this year. Unfortunately I cant give the source of this information, but pay careful attention: the mods might(and probably will) close this thread, but they wont actually DENY it ;)

Bovine Excrement detecting off the starboard bow.

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
. . . You'd make a good journalist. ;)

Oh, you know how it works: next someone says "people say, F2P is confirmed" and you can't even say, he's not telling the truth.
And then comes: "We don't like repeating rumors, but as everyone is talking about it, we have to tell you, that it's been said F2P is confirmed."

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
So you make a claim based on a anonymous source with no proof to provide and admit the devs will close this thread.

You'd make a good journalist. ;)

Would be perfect for Fox News. :p

Archived Post 08-14-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazag
It can't really be confirmed if you don't have a source.

Not giving his source and not having a source at not the same thing.

Anyway, if this isnt true the Devs will tell us as they have before with false rumors. The only reason they wouldnt deny it is if it were actually true.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:50 AM.