Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   power trays changing (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=228230)

Archived Post 08-15-2011 05:16 AM

power trays changing

Is there a way to save your power trays and BOs setup when swapping ships.

When i swap ships i have to spend a longtime setting up my power trays and my BOs swap possitions.

So can i save how they are set for each ship so when i swap there how i left them?

Archived Post 08-15-2011 06:50 AM

I might be wrong but at this point there isn't a way to save these settings. I have been looking for a way to do this since I started playing. The fact that I have to set my Bridge assignments each time I switch ships doesn't bother me nearly as much as having to set my skill bar up each time.

I don't know how many times I have got into a fight and didn't have my boffs assigned or didn't have the right skills in my skill bar. :eek:

I just try to remember before I leave space dock to set everything up. Its kind of like preparing to depart.

Archived Post 08-15-2011 08:50 AM

Gets on my nerves to, id love to be able to swap ships more often.. but its a chore atm.

Archived Post 08-15-2011 11:20 AM

Actually, as long as you remember where your BOffs were, if you put them back in the same positions your tray should be set as it was. You just have to remember where to put them. I generally write it down on a post-it and refer to it whenever I switch back.

:cool:

Archived Post 08-15-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimmatt01 (Post 3700665)
Gets on my nerves to, id love to be able to swap ships more often.. but its a chore atm.

The very firt time you get a new ship, you have to do you're power trays for it. (And after you do; zone out into sector space or another instance for effective force a save.) After that, you can switch and switch back and the powers tray should remember your previous settings for your ships AS LONG AS you have the same Boffs assigned at the same ship stations after you do the switch and before you beam onto the ship.

I switch between ships and shuttles all the time, and the above has worked for me since they added shuttles to the game.

Archived Post 08-15-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackavaar (Post 3701037)
Actually, as long as you remember where your BOffs were, if you put them back in the same positions your tray should be set as it was. You just have to remember where to put them. I generally write it down on a post-it and refer to it whenever I switch back.

:cool:

Well that just works occasionally (and not-eqiped shiptrays often are gone after patches ect) and still it keeps adding the most worthless ability, abandon ship, to our trays....

So the tray-save function is one of most requestet featured since release, one of those features that I dont understand why they havent been addet a year (or more) ago...

Archived Post 08-15-2011 03:28 PM

I would rather they just allow us to set which part of the tray a particular power would go, so no matter which BOff is assigned, if they have that power it would go to the proper slot.

For instance, I set "Torpedo: High Yield III" to tray 2, spot #1. Any BOff I have with that power and it will automatically go there.

Archived Post 08-15-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haglahay
I would rather they just allow us to set which part of the tray a particular power would go, so no matter which BOff is assigned, if they have that power it would go to the proper slot.

For instance, I set "Torpedo: High Yield III" to tray 2, spot #1. Any BOff I have with that power and it will automatically go there.

I thought that to at first, but then what happens if you have 2 copies of it? Go with the original BO's? What if that BO is in a different spot? What you dropped that ability on the BO, and it's not even the same BO with it? From a coding perspective, it's a lot of excess complexity.