Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Galaxy X Phaser Lance (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=228239)

Archived Post 08-15-2011 08:41 AM

Galaxy X Phaser Lance
 
This goes out to Cryptic.....I know the Galaxy X has been a up hill battle for you but hear I am with another request even tho I am sure it will go unanswered. I am using the Galaxy X but the one big problem I have with it is that in order you get max damage out of the Phaser Lance you must use phasers or at lest keep the phaser level at 9....well that is my problem I would like to use other Antiproton but it is hard to do that and keep phaser level at 9 I just do not have the skill points to do that so I have to use phasers :(. I would like to see Cryptic do something to change that. May be Adjust the Phaser Lance so it does not have to use the Skill Phaser and it just stays at Max so we do not loose Phaser Lance damage but they can use Different type weapons......Or may be have the Lance match the type of weapons we are using. Now I do not know but I think the first idea would be easier. I would just like you all to fix it in a way so we can use different weapons and not have to be worried about keeping the phaser skill at 9. Now I just want to make this clear I am not asking to in-cress the power of the Lance just some how make it were it is not bound to the phaser skill :).

If anyone else reads this and agrees please post it maybe just maybe if Cryptic personal read this and there are enough people that feel the same way maybe they will fix it :D

Archived Post 08-15-2011 08:13 PM

That thing has shields as thick as a piece of paper, and you're worried about the phaser lance. Kay.

Archived Post 08-15-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshmaul
That thing has shields as thick as a piece of paper, and you're worried about the phaser lance. Kay.

Last time I checked, the Galaxy X has the same shield thickness as any other cruiser.

Archived Post 08-15-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix1701 (Post 3700566)
This goes out to Cryptic.....I know the Galaxy X has been a up hill battle for you but hear I am with another request even tho I am sure it will go unanswered. I am using the Galaxy X but the one big problem I have with it is that in order you get max damage out of the Phaser Lance you must use phasers or at lest keep the phaser level at 9....well that is my problem I would like to use other Antiproton but it is hard to do that and keep phaser level at 9 I just do not have the skill points to do that so I have to use phasers :(. I would like to see Cryptic do something to change that. May be Adjust the Phaser Lance so it does not have to use the Skill Phaser and it just stays at Max so we do not loose Phaser Lance damage but they can use Different type weapons......Or may be have the Lance match the type of weapons we are using. Now I do not know but I think the first idea would be easier. I would just like you all to fix it in a way so we can use different weapons and not have to be worried about keeping the phaser skill at 9. Now I just want to make this clear I am not asking to in-cress the power of the Lance just some how make it were it is not bound to the phaser skill :).

If anyone else reads this and agrees please post it maybe just maybe if Cryptic personal read this and there are enough people that feel the same way maybe they will fix it :D

You'll be interested in this thread then: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=228242&page=2

First relevant quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heretic
We are actually looking at a fairly aggressive reworking of the space skill tree; this is separate from a ground/space split, but will obviously impact it.

The primary intent of this rework is to make it no longer necessary to spec in specific damage types or specific ship classes, such that you can more easily shift between ships and weapon damage types without feeling obliged to respec every time.


Archived Post 08-15-2011 10:02 PM

I am with the OP but do the same for the Guramba's Javelin pleeeeease.

Archived Post 08-16-2011 12:12 AM

Only issue I really had with the Gal X was turning rate, since you can fit cannons but dont have the turning rate to really use them unlike the KDF cruisers :(

Archived Post 08-17-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis (Post 3702126)
Last time I checked, the Galaxy X has the same shield thickness as any other cruiser.

Didn't feel like it to me - seems the shields on that thing get carved up quicker than a family of twenty eating a Thanksgiving turkey. If anything, it's more equivalent to the escorts than to the other cruisers. I dunno.

Archived Post 08-17-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshmaul
Didn't feel like it to me - seems the shields on that thing get carved up quicker than a family of twenty eating a Thanksgiving turkey. If anything, it's more equivalent to the escorts than to the other cruisers. I dunno.

All shields are made of paper. You must harden your shields with Emergency Power to Shields or similar shield resistance buffs. Tactical Team can also help (your shields still blow up, but they last long enough that you can react with other heals and your enemies damage buffs run out, and at that point paper can become an adequate defense.

I suspect that many Galaxy-X pilots try to make DPS builds, and omit such protections, or at least neglect them.

A ship's resilience and firepower is primarily determined by its Bridge Officer powers.

Archived Post 08-17-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully (Post 3704103)
All shields are made of paper. You must harden your shields with Emergency Power to Shields or similar shield resistance buffs. Tactical Team can also help (your shields still blow up, but they last long enough that you can react with other heals and your enemies damage buffs run out, and at that point paper can become an adequate defense.

I suspect that many Galaxy-X pilots try to make DPS builds, and omit such protections, or at least neglect them.

A ship's resilience and firepower is primarily determined by its Bridge Officer powers.

yeah this pretty much somes up what i was thinking. i dont have a prob with my Gx taking a hit, but i am set to be more tanky

Archived Post 08-17-2011 01:30 PM

I've always wondered why we can't customize the galaxy x..


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 PM.