Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   B'rel or Hegh'ta?! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=228584)

Archived Post 08-17-2011 06:24 PM

B'rel or Hegh'ta?!

Hello people.

I'll be a Lt.Gen. soon on my first kdf char. I plan on using a bop... I just can't decide between the B'rel and the Hegh'Ta... :(

Considering the old alpha strike & run away, which ship performs it better? Is the enhanced battle cloak really worth it?

Also, some builds would be welcome :)

P.S.: No, I won't use PengS! :D

Thanks in advance.

Archived Post 08-17-2011 06:29 PM

The B'rel is pure hit and run, don't stay in the fight at all and if your strike fails and you come under fire then get the hell out because you can't stand up to most other ships. If you want to play like that then that's your ship, otherwise the Hegh'ta is the ship of choice for you.

Hope this helps :)

Archived Post 08-17-2011 06:30 PM

I prefer the Hegh'ta but I'd rather look at the B'rel.

Archived Post 08-17-2011 07:56 PM

B'Rel's definitely not worth it right now. The cloak is bugged so that you're visible for the duration of any heals. And while you might be careful and not use any heals on yourself while cloaked, a teammate could cast Hazards on you and leave you exposed for a full 15 seconds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHale (Post 3705062)
I prefer the Hegh'ta but I'd rather look at the B'rel.

Ditto.

Archived Post 08-17-2011 08:57 PM

I'm the opposite, I find the Ki'tang and Hegh'ta the most awesome Bops. I like their fighter plane look.

Archived Post 08-18-2011 09:41 AM

I see. And about the speed, which can be better?

But if the B'rel cloak is bugged, then it may be a pain I shall avoid..

Also, does the pvp queue at Brigadier General is shared with Lt. General? Or they are different queues and I can only play with other Lt. Generals after reaching that level too?

Archived Post 08-18-2011 09:54 AM

Pretty much everything you need to know

-4k more hull in a Heghta
-1 more sci console in Heghta
-Can use most abilities while cloaked in B'rel, for instant abilities ~2 second decloak, for over time abilities it lasts for duration
-B'Rel has ~5 degrees better turning, depending on engine power
-B'Rel has 20 more inertia
-B'Rel gets decloaked for duration if received a hazards/transfers

Archived Post 08-18-2011 10:04 AM

It depends on your style. The B'rel's cloak is great, as long as you don't overuse it. Use it to get your first shot off, then decloak. Otherwise you're dead. The Hegh'Ta, on the other hand, has an extra Sci console slot, so you can boost that a bit. I favor the B'rel, but it's your choice.

Archived Post 08-18-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnogE00F
I'm the opposite, I find the Ki'tang and Hegh'ta the most awesome Bops. I like their fighter plane look.

Fighter Plane? I think that Beast is a little big for that....^^
But I really like the Ki'tang/Hegh'ta look too,... although I liked the "old" version of the Hegh'ta MUCH better (without silly windows and angled cannons on the wings)

To-topic, I agree with the majority here: The trades the B'rel makes for that ABC- a tool that does more harm then use.... isnt worth it. Go with the Hegh'ta

Archived Post 08-18-2011 02:19 PM

Ok then, thanks a lot. See you in battle :D