Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   The Rhode Island is Live (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=228763)

Archived Post 08-19-2011 02:10 PM

The Rhode Island is Live

Cryptic snuck in the Rhode Island today and didn't change a thing. This is now the best ship at Tier 2 and already leaving it's impact on PvP (not the new console).

So how long before Tier 5 has this happening? Odyssey anyone? :rolleyes:

Archived Post 08-19-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 3708123)
Cryptic snuck in the Rhode Island today and didn't change a thing. This is now the best ship at Tier 2 and already leaving it's impact on PvP (not the new console).

Enterprise F will have 8 uber unique consoles that only T5 cruisers can equip

2 x "IPWN" tac consoles that give +OMFG to damage
4 x "Zombie" Engie Consoles that make AUX2SIF so strong the ship that gets it will glow like the sun
2 x "LOLSci" console that makes HE and TSS as strong as aforementioned Aux2SIF (post console)

Archived Post 08-19-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 3708123)

Oh I think they should have just made it a skin, but people don't listen to me, lol.

Anyway I wouldn't worry too much about the Odyssey just yet, the ship will undoubtedly have drawbacks (I'm trying to stay optimistic) and the Klingons will have a new 'Flagship' counterpart as well.

Archived Post 08-19-2011 02:32 PM

So happy, my intrepid needed a buff.

Archived Post 08-19-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Data
Enterprise F will have 8 uber unique consoles that only T5 cruisers can equip

2 x "IPWN" tac consoles that give +OMFG to damage
4 x "Zombie" Engie Consoles that make AUX2SIF so strong the ship that gets it will glow like the sun
2 x "LOLSci" console that makes HE and TSS as strong as aforementioned Aux2SIF (post console)

LOL, I got a good laugh out of this one. Thanks for that, had a bad day until I saw this. :D

Archived Post 08-19-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FurQue
So happy, my intrepid needed a buff.

Yeah, my Invincible Mode was feeling lonely, being the only megabuff that ship had. Now it has 2! yay!

Archived Post 08-19-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivar (Post 3708164)
Anyway I wouldn't worry too much about the Odyssey just yet, the ship will undoubtedly have drawbacks (I'm trying to stay optimistic) and the Klingons will have a new 'Flagship' counterpart as well.

6 months later. :p

You know, let's make that 10.

Archived Post 08-19-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 3708201)
6 months later. :p

You know, let's make that 10.

Like I said, I'm trying to remain optimistic....

Archived Post 08-19-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivar (Post 3708164)
Oh I think they should have just made it a skin, but people don't listen to me, lol.

Sure, but wouldn't it be boring if we all fly the same 2 Tier 5.5. ships?

Of course, it's kinda temping to just develop a new tier of ships. Just throw away all this fine-tuned balancing stuff that only causes forum QQ when you screw up. Just add a power and be done with it. Tada, new tier of ships, C-Store money printing module installed.

Writing this post makes me sad. I used to be pretty optimistic about STO. In some ways I still am. But I can't help but getting more bitter and more snarky. I want my innocence back!

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:11 PM

Innocence was OP, it needed a nerf.