Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Keeping the STOBoat afloat (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=228780)

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:34 PM

Keeping the STOBoat afloat

Recently, dstahl wrote the following:

"STO needs to continually add new items to the C-Store to stay on track financially."

I would respectfully argue:

"STO needs to continually (and rapidly) add new content to the game (thus ensuring new and renewed subscriptions) to stay on track financially."

Thoughts?

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:36 PM

....deleted in advanced to prevent any undue misunderstandings and or moderation..

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:37 PM

Cryptic made a choice to sacrifice subscription numbers for C-store revenue. It's made the game worse for everyone, and now it seems like it's hitting them where it hurts.

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:37 PM

Tbh, if there were things to DO with the C-Store stuff.. ie. Content, Sure! ^_^

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:40 PM

My thoughts -

I think Coach Stahl has a much better game plan for the team than anything the crowd siting in their armchairs at home can come up with. ;)

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyryck
My thoughts -

I think Coach Stahl has a much better game plan for the team than anything the crowd siting in their armchairs at home can come up with. ;)

I agree with this.

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:43 PM

Two years later. . . .

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:45 PM

Nobody disputes that we need more content, the thing is though that rushing stuff out that has problems is worse.

This game has had a problem with rushing things out the door from the moment the power that be decided to release the game with less than 2 years development time, and it needs to stop. Quality of play will keep people here, not a bunch of rushed out this and that which are full of bugs and other issues....

They need to take as long as they need to finish things properly, yes taking a long time to finish things is a dangerous way to go, but it's better than missing bugs and releasing things half done that will drive people to say, "the hell with it."

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:46 PM

I think that is a gross misunderstanding of what he meant, especially considering how corporate finances work.

I think you'd be hard pressed to say this game has less subs right now than Champs ever had.

Archived Post 08-19-2011 03:46 PM

keeping the STOboat afloat

I TOTALLY AGREE!I have been waiting on INTO THE HIVE for ages now and on every engineering report tle last year it was mentioned as worked on or under discussion etc.etc.:mad:
Look the FE are nice but what do i need new items for if there aint any other new content where i can use them?i dont buy stuff from the c store other then some character slots and some bank and invent slots,just to create more room to get more stuff that i dont use.I say MORE ENDGAME MATERIAL THAT TAKES THIS GAME BACK TO THE CHALLENGE IT ONCE WAS.;)