Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Adding Borg items to your ship? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=229185)

Archived Post 08-23-2011 08:23 AM

Adding Borg items to your ship?
 
I was flying around earlier and saw someone that looked like they had Borg stuff on their ship. I didn't see anything in the shipyard or C-Store with those options. Is that a special unlockable? If so, where can you get it?

(Sorry about all the questions, I'm really getting into this game :P )

Archived Post 08-23-2011 08:26 AM

NP's...

To get the Borg parts, you need to reach at least Rear Admiral 3 (or was it 5?), and do the STF's "Infected"; "The Cure" and "Khitomer Accord" + the PvE mission "Assimilated"

http://www.stowiki.org/Assimilated_Borg_Technology

Archived Post 08-23-2011 08:32 AM

Yup, they are items you can't buy. You have to work your way up to the missions that give them. And they are some sweet sweet add on's. I have the visuals disabled on my ship and almost always get asked a few times how my intrepid class is doing warp 14.

Archived Post 08-23-2011 01:19 PM

Ah! I'm glad that you can disable the visuals off them. Looking forward to getting them even more now. :)

Archived Post 08-25-2011 06:33 PM

Not just from STFs
 
the Borg Console is from the regular,( i.e. 1 person type) mission "Assimilated" dealing with the Borg and the Undine. The universal console puts Borg 'zits' on your ships hull that glow green.

Archived Post 08-25-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anazonda (Post 3714071)
To get the Borg parts, you need to reach at least Rear Admiral 3 (or was it 5?), and do the STF's "Infected"; "The Cure" and "Khitomer Accord" + the PvE mission "Assimilated"

To my knowledge, the first (Infected) is RA5 - seeing as it was the "endgame" back when RA5 was the level cap.

Archived Post 08-25-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshmaul
To my knowledge, the first (Infected) is RA5 - seeing as it was the "endgame" back when RA5 was the level cap.

Yea... it's been so long since I've dealt with characters at that level (3 VA's and 1 VeryImportantKlingon), so I dont remember really.

Thank you for clearing that up...

Archived Post 08-25-2011 10:40 PM

On a side note...you have a chance to get a Science Borg Male Drone during KA. Will leave the details on this spoiler free unless asked.

Archived Post 08-27-2011 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahnzoog (Post 3719360)
the Borg Console is from the regular,( i.e. 1 person type) mission "Assimilated" dealing with the Borg and the Undine. The universal console puts Borg 'zits' on your ships hull that glow green.

As was mentioned, however, those visuals can easily be disabled by right-clicking on the item on the ship paperdoll and selecting "Disable Visuals" (just like with armor and kits, and also works on the Aegis pieces IIRC).

Archived Post 09-02-2011 01:21 AM

so is there anyway of getting the set peice from the assimalation mission if you beat it before they introduced the borg item set?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 AM.