Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Difference SS1/2 - SS3? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=229257)

Archived Post 08-23-2011 04:25 PM

Difference SS1/2 - SS3?
 
The PVP matches really got better since FAW got fixed and all the players started abstaining from SS. Some premades started using SS 2 again cause its in the rules.
"Its in the tourney rules" is the argument i always get when i ask people, why they think using SS2 is ok.
I dont think thats a good argument after all. What comes next is this "Evasive Failure/Missfire" argument. Does convince me neither. I had an Evasive Failure by a SS 1 yesterday. (btw i dont believe a skill is coded different on each level). The target jump can also be totaly sick on SS 2.

So what makes so many people think, that SS 2 is still ok? I tend to think, thats just because they didnt have to deal with more than 1 scramble in the last weeks. Run into a group with 2 SS 2 and tell me, what makes SS 2 not op while SS 3 is.

Archived Post 08-23-2011 04:39 PM

I don't know why people only complain about Scamble 3...

I have gotten the evasive bug on ALL versions of scramble... from a 34 second SS3 to a 5 second SS1.

Its just another skill that has been broken for the entire length of the game, but people have only started seriously complaining about in the past 6 months or so.

Archived Post 08-23-2011 04:45 PM

Yes Scramble is heinously obnoxious.

Yes, I realize it sits on my sci toon.

No I can't say I'm terribly sorry that I have it when I get dosed with it, at least ten times a night as I roll through the ques, often times, chain scrambled by the enemy team.

Archived Post 08-23-2011 04:52 PM

The best part is when a F[censored]s fleet team rolls around with their FOUR (or is it 5?) COPIES OF SCRAMBLE... plus all the other spam that comes with having 3 sci ships, an mvam, and 4 sci captains.

Archived Post 08-23-2011 06:39 PM

Well SS1-SS3 is not broken but to strong imho compared to the lvl of normal players.
Also guys who got scrambled when using scramble, scramble own teammates :)

And the F(fleet) just have 2 scrambles, all depends on timing and teamplay.

Archived Post 08-23-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elkantar
Well SS1-SS3 is not broken but to strong imho compared to the lvl of normal players.
Also guys who got scrambled when using scramble, scramble own teammates :)

And the F(fleet) just have 2 scrambles, all depends on timing and teamplay.

thats a bunch of bull... our entire team was permascrambled in every match against you guys... and we were well spread out too.

Archived Post 08-23-2011 08:25 PM

More like two per ship lol

Archived Post 08-23-2011 09:43 PM

There are a couple fleets that us SS as the first shot fired. The really bad ones can say what they want, we only run 2 when I see at least 3 ships firing it. Usually SS1 that the healer clears himself and then he gets dosed with SS2 or 3 for good measure. Yeah 20 minute matches with green screen is pathetic. But hey all fleets have their bag of tricks.

Archived Post 08-23-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceroid (Post 3715094)
The best part is when a F[censored]s fleet team rolls around with their FOUR (or is it 5?) COPIES OF SCRAMBLE... plus all the other spam that comes with having 3 sci ships, an mvam, and 4 sci captains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceroid (Post 3715495)
thats a bunch of bull... our entire team was permascrambled in every match against you guys... and we were well spread out too.

Since you're pointing fingers, I could say the same thing in those matches about your fleet Iceroid. I was getting hit by scramble sensors 3, every minute like clock work:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2096khu.jpg


My whole team had scramble on us most of those matches - often multiple copies:

http://i55.tinypic.com/24wzehz.jpg


And no we werent running 4 copies of scramble. We had at most 3 sci ships / sci captains, at any time in those matches (again see screen shots), only our sci's had a copy, and no-one's carrying multiple copies. I can see why you guys might have thought there were more.


Here's a hint - try waiting till your scrambled, and try scrambling an enemy near your team-mates...


Quote:

Originally Posted by Raphezir (Post 3715025)
"Its in the tourney rules" is the argument i always get when i ask people, why they think using SS2 is ok.
I dont think thats a good argument after all. What comes next is this "Evasive Failure/Missfire" argument. Does convince me neither. I had an Evasive Failure by a SS 1 yesterday. (btw i dont believe a skill is coded different on each level). The target jump can also be totaly sick on SS 2.

In answer to the OP's question, I agree from experience, Scramble 1,2 and 3 all have the potential to cause the same behaviour - ie. evasive failure. and target switching. I've tested repeatedly that evasive can fail when mere Scramble 1 is fired - as for whether that's a bug or intended, that' really up to the devs to confirm.

In short, Scramble 3 is no more OP than Scramble 1 or 2. Those players in the pvp community who want Scramble 3 banned from your tourneys, should be consistent about it at least, and stop using Scramble of any level altogether.

Archived Post 08-23-2011 10:26 PM

Personally I'd love nothing more then to have every match scramble free. I'll never use it on my ships, but I can't force teammates not to use it, only hope they don't. It really takes the fun out of the game when your weapons refuse to fire on your target and your sci teams go who knows where. Quite hilarious to be in matches where the only time you're not scrambled is when your 5 second sci team is running.:rolleyes:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.