Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   When will the KOB. MARU test be added to the Starfleet Academy Tutorial ?? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=229337)

Archived Post 08-24-2011 08:03 AM

When will the KOB. MARU test be added to the Starfleet Academy Tutorial ??

Will the KOB. MARU test be part of the Starfleet academy tutorial from the beginning or will it be added on later ??

Also, will their be different types of enemies to be encountered in the test or will it just be the KDF of the 23rd /24th designs

Archived Post 08-24-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALPHAOMEGA1500

Will the KOB. MARU test be part of the Starfleet academy tutorial from the beginning or will it be added on later ??

Also, will their be different types of enemies to be encountered in the test or will it just be the KDF of the 23rd /24th designs

Silly question, but how does one play this tutorial? Is there a specific person at STA you have to see?

Archived Post 08-24-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALPHAOMEGA1500

We do not know when, but Dan did say that the Kobayashi Maru will be part of the SF Academy. I do not believe it will be part of the new Tutorial, though. I believe it will be its own Mission type that you can go and play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand_Moff_Joseph
Silly question, but how does one play this tutorial? Is there a specific person at STA you have to see?

It is not in the game yet.

Archived Post 08-26-2011 04:54 PM

I imagine if it were part of Starfleet Academy, it would be the last thing you did.

Archived Post 08-27-2011 04:54 PM

Sometime after October, I'd wager.

Archived Post 08-27-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superchum (Post 3722360)
Sometime after October, I'd wager.

but soon. (tm) :cool:

Archived Post 08-29-2011 09:14 PM

I find the Kobayashi Maru to be an idiotic test. It teaches Starfleet Officers to accept defeat when facing impossible odds. Starfleet Officers should strive for the impossible. Kirk was right when he changed the parameters of the program.

Archived Post 08-30-2011 08:26 PM

Putting the K. Maru aside, are there "side quests" available at SFA? I haven't seen any, but may have walked right by them.

Archived Post 08-31-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grand_Moff_Joseph
Putting the K. Maru aside, are there "side quests" available at SFA? I haven't seen any, but may have walked right by them.

Currently there is only an accolade by reading all the plaques at SFA. However, there is new missions coming for SFA in the next big update.

Quote:

Q: kekvin85 When will we get any additional dailys? (Ground mainly)

A: There are many new ground dailies added with the Borg Ground Invasion. In addition new lore missions can be complete daily at both Academies. Both of these are coming in September. There will also be new ground dailies in the next Feature Episode series.
This is from the latest Ask Cryptic.

Archived Post 09-01-2011 07:17 AM

Do you wish to play a mission where you will face overwhelming odds, against an enemy that doesn't take prisoners and the scenario is such that victory is impossible?

Well, so do I ! :cool: