Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   STOked Talks With Al Rivera (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=230704)

Archived Post 09-06-2011 02:28 PM

STOked Talks With Al Rivera
 
Lead Designer Al Rivera catches up with the guys at STOked to talk ships and more in their latest episode.


Link to the news article.

Archived Post 09-06-2011 05:24 PM

Is this the one where he says that tier 5.5 is in the works?

*sigh*

Would it really hurt you so much to have a shred of respect for the playerbase and work on creating a good game, instead of trying to find new and terrible ways to get money from your already pee'd off customer base at the expense of the game? Please?

Archived Post 09-06-2011 08:30 PM

Can someone tell me what chapter defines "Fed Ball" in PvP For Dummies?? :confused: I honestly have no idea what Al was talking about in relation to the Isometric Charge Console.

Archived Post 09-06-2011 08:46 PM

You know I don't know what a fed ball is either... is it like a 'furball' a tight clustered large dog fight between groups of fighter aircraft?

Archived Post 09-06-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Can someone tell me what chapter defines "Fed Ball" in PvP For Dummies?? :confused: I honestly have no idea what Al was talking about in relation to the Isometric Charge Console.

I didn't listen to the interview, but as an early defense against KDF ships' decloaking alpha (Feds had no cloak at that time) Fed ships would fly closely to each other for cross heals etc (the good ones did anyway). This was refered to as a Fed ball. Later, there were sub-categories like a FaW ball refering to similar setup but w/FaW as huge AoE damage tactic.

My guess is if this is the "chain lightning" console for the KDF it's to be used as a means of discouraging groups from circling the wagons so to speak.

Edit: Though w/the scrambler sensor console the feds get it will most likely just cause the KDF to nuke their cloaked allies while their shields are down.

Archived Post 09-06-2011 09:00 PM

That's interesting. Thanks. Not sure it's interesting enough for me to buy though, since Al said it was designed to counter Fed Balls in PvP which I have less than zero interest in doing.

Might be useful in KA when all the probes and spheres are grouped up using Gravity Wells. Otherwise that console sounds kinda pointless for PvE.

Archived Post 09-06-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
That's interesting. Thanks. Not sure it's interesting enough for me to buy though, since Al said it was designed to counter Fed Balls in PvP which I have less than zero interest in doing.

Might be useful in KA when all the probes and spheres are grouped up using Gravity Wells. Otherwise that console sounds kinda pointless for PvE.

You don't even fight the necessary number of ships in most engagements to make the console work. Except of course Fleet Actions, STFs, DSEs and Red Alerts.

Archived Post 09-06-2011 11:20 PM

Is it just me or is STOked becoming less Podcast and more PR campaign? If you guys (Chris and Jeremy) have any negative views on anything STO related, there is nothing wrong with expressing them. Noone is asking you to rage on your show, but we do ask for you to give your honest opinions rather than try the diplomatic approach everytime.

Archived Post 09-07-2011 12:20 AM

Well, in their defense they did harp pretty harshly on the Rhode Island (IIRC it was the RI).

Archived Post 09-07-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurleybird (Post 3741048)
Is this the one where he says that tier 5.5 is in the works?

*sigh*

Would it really hurt you so much to have a shred of respect for the playerbase and work on creating a good game, instead of trying to find new and terrible ways to get money from your already pee'd off customer base at the expense of the game? Please?

Yeeeep. So much for the argument for x.5 ships being only low tier, huh?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 PM.