Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   excelcior - cant change bridge (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=231481)

Archived Post 09-12-2011 10:00 AM

excelcior - cant change bridge

Been flying the Excelcior for a while now, and I like it. I have gone to space dock many times and changed out my bridge. However when ever I go visit my bridge its always the same old bridge. My changes don't take.

Is this a known bug with this ship?

Archived Post 09-13-2011 01:07 PM

Is it the retrofit? I fly the retrofit excelsior and have changed my bridge and the changes stay. I don't know about the lower tier ship though.

-Quiiliitiila

Archived Post 09-13-2011 01:43 PM

Did you press, by any chance, the wrong button?
Because the 'Save' button is not the one youa re supposed to press.
You have to press the 'Purchase' button to apply any changes.

Archived Post 09-13-2011 03:20 PM

OK ill give it another try and report back

it is the retrofit

Archived Post 09-13-2011 06:07 PM

OK I went and picked the bridge I want (Unity), then I click ok, takes me to the custom screen, i then click purchase (1000 credits) and then OK. Says it was successful, I then go to the bridge and it is still gamma.

What am i missing?

Archived Post 09-13-2011 11:23 PM

do you have a ship with the same name? it did that to me and i spent thousands trying to change it. if you have 2 ships with the same name, it wont change

Archived Post 09-14-2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shonuff79
do you have a ship with the same name? it did that to me and i spent thousands trying to change it. if you have 2 ships with the same name, it wont change

Wait, I'm fairly certain you can't have two ships with the same name, the game won't allow it when you're in the naming screen...

-Quiiliitiila

Archived Post 09-14-2011 12:30 PM

Hmmm... might check that same name issue. My Excelsior Retrofit behaves normally. I can't recall what bridge I have now, but I know I've changed it several times without issue. I DO have the stupid bug/issue where only three of my officers are duplicated to every post on the bridge, but that's another issue.

Archived Post 09-14-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brento73 (Post 3756959)
Hmmm... might check that same name issue. My Excelsior Retrofit behaves normally. I can't recall what bridge I have now, but I know I've changed it several times without issue. I DO have the stupid bug/issue where only three of my officers are duplicated to every post on the bridge, but that's another issue.

You can have ships with the same name??? B-b-but I've tried before and the game won't let me! It says I already have a ship with that name and won't accept it. I have to go back and re-name my old ship to something different and then name the new ship the old name for it to work.

Now I'm curious, is there a way around that?

-Quiiliitiila

Archived Post 09-15-2011 07:01 AM

No I do not have duplicate ship names.

Well this is frustrating, I pay for the new bridges yet can't use them.