Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   New Venture & Vor'Kang Class Ships (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=231839)

Archived Post 09-15-2011 03:53 PM

New Venture & Vor'Kang Class Ships

The new Federation Exploration Cruiser and Klingon Vor'cha Battle Cruiser refits are now available to unlock in the C-Store.

Link to the news article.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 04:10 PM

I'd like to compliment both ships.

Both are vessels that can be used on the way to endgame, from levels 31 to 51 if the player chooses to pick them up once turning Captain, keep with it during Rear Admiral ranks (its tier 4.5 power makes it tolerable to keep around) until access is gained for Retrofits at level 51 where the player can choose to retain the skin. That, and the console provided, gives excellent all-around value to those whom purchase them.

I think the way they are presented in the C-Store is flattering, something that's not the norm from what I've seen in the past. They look slick, new, and encourage the sense that we are 30 years in the future of ST:Nemesis.

I won't be buying them. I'm not invested enough in the poorly-maneuverable exploration cruisers or the KDF, but I'm going to enjoy seeing them around. I hope some NPC ships we encounter will have their guise. I'd also add that the Vor'Kang's beautiful klingon-feeling design almost makes me want to captain it as a Klingon. Just, not quite... but if I had a Klingon character, I'd want it.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 04:21 PM

They're both quite sexy, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want them...

But,

800 points for what is essentially just a skin/parts pack? Seems a bit overpriced considering other comparable packs cost only 160 now.

Unless you're trying to say that antimatter spread is worth the difference.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 04:27 PM

Beautiful ships. It would be nice if there was a picture of the front of the Venture, so you could see the deflector dish (it seems to have an odd configuration?).

Archived Post 09-15-2011 04:28 PM

I'm finally going to do the grind and get my KDF toon up to Captain just so I can fly this ship around. While a few of the Klingon ships say to me: yeah that's probably what that would look like down the line, this one screams Heg'lu meh Qaq jajvam!

I want a physical model of this ship.

Oh the galaxy variant is nice too.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlyto (Post 3758863)
They're both quite sexy, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want them...

But,

800 points for what is essentially just a skin/parts pack? Seems a bit overpriced considering other comparable packs cost only 160 now.

Unless you're trying to say that antimatter spread is worth the difference.

I agree...these are skins with a console....and they want to charge the price of an entire ship? Sorry ...this sucker isnt falling for it.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 05:47 PM

Its not just a skin and a console, its a tier 4 ship with superior stats.

Unless you just NEED to have it now, I don't see why you'd buy it now though, given the updated economy coming "soon" where this should be attainable via your normal upgrade schedule, or at least for ingame currency, not to mention the C-Store price changes and the subscriber stipend.

If we knew more about the ships coming down the line and the plans for them, we could be consumers making an informed decision.

I guess that doesn't work for them?

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Its not just a skin and a console, its a tier 4 ship with superior stats.
ding ding ding, we have a winner

proof positive that pay to win is indeed coming to the cstore

I will never, under any circumstances support such a thing. not even if they were free.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes85 (Post 3758987)

proof positive that pay to win is indeed coming to the cstore

I will never, under any circumstances support such a thing. not even if they were free.

...Are you seeing the problem with this argument? :D

Archived Post 09-15-2011 07:14 PM

What if i just want the neat new costume? , espicially since the Gal-X has no other ingame variants to use atm
What if i just want the console?

Instead we are 'asked' to buy the whole ship/skin/console pack, cause ya know tier4 is so hot property ingame

Since its of no use to a VA as a ship, i really also doubt any first time player to the game is gonna straight up drop cash onto something they will use for a day or two max

Aside from the whole c-store gouging pay to win argument, its still pretty shocking the only option is 'max price bundle pack'