Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Patcher Error (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=231845)

Archived Post 09-15-2011 05:28 PM

Patcher Error

Today when I tried to start Star Trek Online up, the Cryptic Launcher Auto Updater gave me this message, "Patcher Error: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function." I click the OK button on the message box and then the whole thing closes. I didn't even recieve an error id number, nothing. I didn't even get into the Star Trek Online Launcher itself either, it was just the Cryptic Launcher Auto Update but that closed once I hit the OK button on the Patcher Error Message Box. Help please thanks.:confused:

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:02 PM

Help!

Could somebody respond to this as soon as possible please? I tried doing a system restore because I though that my use of the program TweekMaster was the problem. So I tried a system restore to restore my orignal network parameters, but after restarting the computer said that nothing was changed and that there was an unspeficied error during system restore.:(

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:31 PM

K....Now I know I'm not crazy....I have the exact same issue. Submitted an Error report using the crypticerror application that is in the STO folder, but I don't have a clue what to do. :confused:

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:40 PM

patcher error are not cool

i got an error too. could someone please let me know what's going on. but good to know i'm not the only one.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoda5221979 (Post 3758990)
K....Now I know I'm not crazy....I have the exact same issue. Submitted an Error report using the crypticerror application that is in the STO folder, but I don't have a clue what to do. :confused:

You and me both. I just hope some Dev or some more people see this thread and do something about this. Otherwise I'm not going to be able to get into the launcher. And it's driving me crazy. :(

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:44 PM

I'm getting the same error. What's weird is that the launcher was working perfectly fine earlier today.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:46 PM

Currently experiencing the same issue.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:50 PM

Patcher Error: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response

I've got that too! and try to restart the program itselft, please resolve it quickly. it's annoying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
Today when I tried to start Star Trek Online up, the Cryptic Launcher Auto Updater gave me this message, "Patcher Error: The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function." I click the OK button on the message box and then the whole thing closes. I didn't even recieve an error id number, nothing. I didn't even get into the Star Trek Online Launcher itself either, it was just the Cryptic Launcher Auto Update but that closed once I hit the OK button on the Patcher Error Message Box. Help please thanks.:confused:

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:53 PM

Good to know I'm not the only one. I thought it was only me so I did a system restore, but no it wasn't just me.:( But argh this is bad.

Archived Post 09-15-2011 06:54 PM

Alright Captains....

Let's collect information here...

I'm using a Virgin Mobile Broadband device - never had a prob before
My antivirus is AVG - just updated
checked the exceptions list in my firewall and STO is listed.
I've got a laptop - same one I've used since launch.

At the very least we can find out if there's something we have in common that could be causing the issue....so.....anybody have anything to add?