Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Shuttle Wars: The Celebration (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=232253)

Archived Post 09-20-2011 06:50 AM

Shuttle Wars: The Celebration
 
Seeing as how we appear to finally have a dev doing something sensible with pvp.

We should celebrate with the return of Shuttle Wars.

I'll be hosting it Saturday at 1pm, and Sunday at 11am EST. Subscribe to the Shuttle_wars channel to get involved!

Rules are simple and as follows. Breaking these rules after the first offense will result in instant DQ and Disrespect from your peers.

Shuttles and Fighters Only.
No Mines.
No Tricobalt weapons (I may change this rule however as they are still able to be shot down if you are fast enough! But for round 1 at least we'll keep tradition)
No FAW
No Fleet Support (though it is possible for a team to overcome Fleet Support ships, it's a pain when the Dreadnought shows up. We might change this as a fun Variant Match down the line though, where it becomes shuttles v Fleet Support)
No Torpedo Spread (I think this should go without saying. Instagibbing an entire team would suck)

Players interested can also schedule here ahead of time if we get this hopping like it did back when the 300 was alive and well.

Archived Post 09-20-2011 06:54 AM

I shall be there with Bells strapped to my feet as the humans say......


maybe not bells, How about tiny Taj instead?

Archived Post 09-20-2011 06:58 AM

Oh depending on turn out we might do Shuttles vs DSEs for kicks after the matches. Nothing's cooler than taking down a Dreadnought/battleship with a batch of shuttles.

Archived Post 09-20-2011 07:14 AM

My fighter sits in waiting, unfortunately those times do not work for me. I will join the channel though, and see if I can catch you guys another time! This sounds like a lot of fun :)

Archived Post 09-20-2011 07:20 AM

I assume no Hargh'pengs either, right?

Archived Post 09-20-2011 07:24 AM

Is the Peng global still 10 secs?

Archived Post 09-20-2011 07:29 AM

lol no tricobalts? Thats not right!

Shuttles are relatively fast so trico's should be allowed imo.
Deny the use of broken abilities though.

I'm looking forward to it, since I never really participated in a shuttle war before :p

Can you come with a KDF variant as well?

Archived Post 09-20-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marctraider (Post 3765126)
lol no tricobalts? Thats not right!

Shuttles are relatively fast so trico's should be allowed imo.
Deny the use of broken abilities though.

I'm looking forward to it, since I never really participated in a shuttle war before :p

Can you come with a KDF variant as well?

I never had a problem with them myself (even when everyone on the enemy team had them, my team still won without em :p ) but apparently one day after I had left Captain Data started one shotting three ships at a time with his tric. As I said in my op I might put them back in, in round 2 or 3 just to see how it changes things.

And yep, KDF are more than welcome to join shuttle wars!

Archived Post 09-20-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavairo
I never had a problem with them myself (even when everyone on the enemy team had them, my team still won without em :p ) but apparently one day after I had left Captain Data started one shotting three ships at a time with his tric. As I said in my op I might put them back in, in round 2 or 3 just to see how it changes things.

And yep, KDF are more than welcome to join shuttle wars!


Allegedly :p

Archived Post 09-22-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavairo
Seeing as how we appear to finally have a dev doing something sensible with pvp.

We should celebrate with the return of Shuttle Wars.

I'll be hosting it Saturday at 1pm, and Sunday at 11am EST. Subscribe to the Shuttle_wars channel to get involved!

Rules are simple and as follows. Breaking these rules after the first offense will result in instant DQ and Disrespect from your peers.

Shuttles and Fighters Only.
No Mines.
No Tricobalt weapons (I may change this rule however as they are still able to be shot down if you are fast enough! But for round 1 at least we'll keep tradition)
No FAW
No Fleet Support (though it is possible for a team to overcome Fleet Support ships, it's a pain when the Dreadnought shows up. We might change this as a fun Variant Match down the line though, where it becomes shuttles v Fleet Support)
No Torpedo Spread (I think this should go without saying. Instagibbing an entire team would suck)

Players interested can also schedule here ahead of time if we get this hopping like it did back when the 300 was alive and well.

I thought shuttles that called fleet support called in more shuttles (I usually get shuttles, runabouts or peregrine fighters), I could be wrong, but I don't think so.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 PM.