Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   HUD and Powers questions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=232486)

Archived Post 09-22-2011 09:00 AM

HUD and Powers questions

I have some questions regarding the HUD and the Powers when being in space. Currently, I've got the rank of a captain with 4 bridge officers available in space.

1. Which "power-grids" do you use: Do you use the bar with the bridge officer icons and their dedicated powers or do you prefer to have all powers in one big single grid?

2. When I select the large single grid (3x10 slots) the small grid which shows the beam and torpedo weapon readiness is hidden. Is there a way to display it together with the large grid?

3. Concerning the large grid: It's already quite stuffed with all the powers. Is there a way to enlarge it to have more than 3 rows available?

4. Is there a fast way to see all of MY powers (coming from my captain)? When I hit P, all available powers are displayed but I cannot distinguish at one glance which are mine and which are derived from my bridge officers.

5. Is it sensible to equip a bridge officer several times with the same powers at different levels? For example, the powers "Reverse Shield Polarity" and "Emergency Power to Shields" are very important to me. So would it make sense to equip my engineering office with "Reverse Shield Polarity I", "Reverse Shield Polarity II", "Emergency Power to Shields II" and "Emergency Power to Shields III"? Or is this just a waste because of the cooldown timers and should I only use different powers?

Thanks in advance!
RobinSword

Archived Post 09-22-2011 09:50 AM

1. I use setup 4, with the boff bar and 3 line grid. I kind of liked having them all in one grid, but by the time you hit admiral, there's just not the space. With universal consoles on the rise it's only going to get worse.

2. If I'm not mistaken, it's still shown, but you might have it overlapping. Press escape and click "Rearrange HUD" and move it. Reducing the UI scale in the options also helps - I have mine set at 70%.

3. Nope, though there are hidden bars past the ones you have. Click the up and down arrows at the end of a row to bring up the hidden rows. I put my transwaprs and slipstream drive on one of those so they're out of the way in combat.

4. Unfortunately, no, but if it helps you don't get that many powers. This list might help sort them out, after a while you remember which are which better.

5. Yes. They do share a cooldown, but it's not a full cooldown. When you use an ability, it triggers two cooldowns: The full cooldown on itself, and the shorter system cooldown on all powers of the same set or similar powers (for example: EPTS shares a system cooldown with EPTW). Say you have EPTS1 and 2, the system cooldown is half the full cooldown, letting you alternate between the two to keep shield power high all the time.

Archived Post 09-23-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevach (Post 3769412)
2. If I'm not mistaken, it's still shown, but you might have it overlapping. Press escape and click "Rearrange HUD" and move it. Reducing the UI scale in the options also helps - I have mine set at 70%.

No, unfortunately not. If I chosse Arrangement 3, only the large grid is shown. BOffs-grid and weopons-grid are hidden. :(

Archived Post 09-23-2011 12:53 PM

Arrangement 3 does make the BOffs and etc disappear. I think most everyone uses 2 or 4.

Archived Post 09-23-2011 01:12 PM

Is it possible then, when using 4, to hide the bridge officer bar?

Archived Post 09-23-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinSword (Post 3771334)
Is it possible then, when using 4, to hide the bridge officer bar?

Yes, you can type or bind this command

/GenJailRemove Hud_Bridgecrew_Trays_Root

Or you can do it the easy way...

open the menu and choose the rearrange hud option.

for the Bridge officer powers box, choose "hide"