Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Subspace radio is looking for you (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=232563)

Archived Post 09-22-2011 08:04 PM

Subspace radio is looking for you

SSR is looking for people who are passionate about the game and loves radio. We are currently looking for more DJ's. Anyone is welcome.

Some conditions do apply.

- Must play STO
- Minimum of 1500 MP3's
- Available once a week for 2 or 3 hours
- Have a passion for STO and the community

We also encourage role playing type shows. We are a friendly community and welcome EVERYONE! So if you are interested in becoming a DJ head on over to http://www.subspace-radio.net mouse over Radio then click Recruitment at the top for more info.

Archived Post 09-22-2011 08:20 PM

Dooo eeeeeet! DO IT NAOW! lol.

No, seriously though, we are looking for more great DJ's to fill in some of our empty spots while we gear up for Free 2 Play. SubSpace Radio has been around since Beta and have, and will, continue to bring you great music, great entertainment, great interviews, and more.

Be a part of SubSpace Radio! Apply Today!

Archived Post 09-23-2011 04:49 AM

What music outlines will these DJ's have to follow? Or is it open format? Was a DJ on Empress Cruise Lines for some time before I decided to turn the disc's in for boots and an M-16

Archived Post 09-23-2011 04:54 AM

I have an interest in doing a Klingon/KDF show with music and commentary and recently have a friend with a home studio set-up awesome for this idea.

Is there a place I can look-over the rules of conduct?

As well the music format, open or set to a play list?

Archived Post 09-23-2011 05:59 AM

Subspace radio is one of the best radio stations (if not the best) in the game. They play a mix of good music, and interact with their listener base. If your looking to DJ, look no further. They are also very helpful and will assist you with what they can.

Subspace radio... Keep up the awesome job!

I would DJ, but my job keeps me to busy....

Archived Post 09-23-2011 10:45 AM

@ 1stCavArmyVet

its open to whatever kind of music you want to play, if you are interested more can and will be explained during the interview process. Also there is more info on the website. But the short answer is yes it is your show you do it your way :)

@Roach

go to www.subspace-radio.net mouse over the radio tab and hit recruitment all the info is there.

Archived Post 09-23-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 3770606)
I have an interest in doing a Klingon/KDF show with music and commentary and recently have a friend with a home studio set-up awesome for this idea.

Is there a place I can look-over the rules of conduct?

As well the music format, open or set to a play list?

We have a distinct need for KDF catering DJ's at the moment. That would be an awesome idea.

While I don't think there is a full publicly posted rules of conduct (I might be wrong on this), the requirements basically boil down to this.

Stay appropriate to the show rating you choose for your show (These are similar to game ratings, E - Everyone, PA - Parental Advisory, PA-16 - We might swear in this one, M - Hide the kids.) There are some guidelines based on when you can use what ratings, but most of our shows fall into PA or PA-16.

Music is open format, we take requests, some of us build our play lists as we go. The only real requirement for the music is that it's of good quality (For bitrate 128kbps or better, good quality variable bitrate works) The DJ's have pretty much total control over what they play, music wise.

There are a few requirements with the shows.
Some required tracks that need to be played like the Ratings Sweeper at the beginning of the show, station ID's every so often. Often a few required promotions (usually these are for station or in game events)
It's also required to talk a bit the listeners while on air, so the KDF commentary you mentioned would beautifully cover this. The talking can really be as little as interacting with the listeners and talking about the music or or as much as discussing changes to the game or hosting in game events. We even occasionally have primarially talk shows.

Really in the end, your show is what you make of it, and we'll be here to help you out.

Hope this helps,

Erroch

Archived Post 09-23-2011 06:50 PM

Hmm, need to actually set up my forum account at some point, but to give an example, we've shows that range the gauntlet, from shows like TymmyD, who used to do a very family-friendly oriented show, to DJ Grom, who, well, he's definately rated M, but absolutely hilarious. We even have DJ TacehT who spins her own tunes, so pretty much anything goes as long as you make sure to play the few (and I do mean few) required bits, and even those you have a choice in which ones you play.

Raidur
Host of the Subspace Sandbox on Subspace Radio.
Sundays, midnight GMT, 8PM Eastern

Archived Post 09-25-2011 07:54 AM

Application submitted.

Archived Post 11-08-2011 06:35 AM

Well as you can see this is one of the best online stations I have seen and now..have the honor of working with. You can't go wrong here. Give it a shot. You could be missing the most fun you have ever experienced. Apply to be a DJ!!!