Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   The Venture: Why it should have been different! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=232595)

Archived Post 09-23-2011 08:43 AM

The Venture: Why it should have been different!

Just. MAKE THE SAUCER SECTION CIRCULAR! Please god. I want an RA level ship with a damned circular saucer. Bring back the majesty! Burn the traitourous ovoid saucers! Sign if you agree! (The excelsior doesn't count, it's like a billion years old, so correct that to MODERN RA level ship with a circular saucer.)

Archived Post 09-23-2011 08:47 AM

I really like the venture, I just wish the saucer seperation was a console so we could use its layout.

Archived Post 09-23-2011 10:00 PM

I don't mind the Venture having a oval shape. The Envoy has a circular shape. I wish they would make the Ambassador an Exploration Crusier skin. That way there would be five ship parts to choose from. Two ovals and two circulars.

Archived Post 09-24-2011 07:26 PM

But you can't use that skin on the retrofit! I don't think...

Archived Post 09-25-2011 11:49 AM

The Venture is a modernised look for the Galaxy. The ovular saucer is one of the defining features of the Galaxy, and it was given the sweeping contours from the bridge to make the updated look seem authentic alongside ships like the sovereign. Even the exaggerated taper on the nacelles is a blend between the Galaxy and newer aesthetics.

The whole basis of the Venture's design is in mimicking the Galaxy's classic features. The one major change is the neck, which improves the look when it has a third nacelle or no saucer (both of which weren't considered when the Galaxy was designed).

A round saucer would require the rest of the ship to change proportions to stop it from looking ridiculous.

There's already a T5 ship with a round saucer, anyway.

Archived Post 09-26-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munrock
The Venture is a modernised look for the Galaxy. The ovular saucer is one of the defining features of the Galaxy, and it was given the sweeping contours from the bridge to make the updated look seem authentic alongside ships like the sovereign. Even the exaggerated taper on the nacelles is a blend between the Galaxy and newer aesthetics.

The whole basis of the Venture's design is in mimicking the Galaxy's classic features. The one major change is the neck, which improves the look when it has a third nacelle or no saucer (both of which weren't considered when the Galaxy was designed).

A round saucer would require the rest of the ship to change proportions to stop it from looking ridiculous.

There's already a T5 ship with a round saucer, anyway.

...in your opinion...

1) A circular saucer would just make it look a bit more like an ambassador. And also more awesome.

2) t5 ship with a circular saucer? I hope you aren't talking about the excelsior. While I love the way it looks, it's like 300 years old! I want a modern looking ship with some of the lines of the sovvy era stuff with a classic cruiser look with a circular or near-circular saucer. i.e. the excelsior with an updated "modern" skin.

3) when I first saw Enterprise - F drawings it looked like it might be something along those lines, with a more circular saucer, now it looks like it's a more sovvy ovoid with the long axis bow-stern. sad face.
Kthxbai.

Archived Post 09-26-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demosthenes01101 (Post 3772908)
But you can't use that skin on the retrofit! I don't think...

Don't think, read the description in the C-Store instead:
"Unlocking the Exploration Cruiser Refit: Venture Class also unlocks the Venture Class costume for the Exploration Cruiser, the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit, and the Galaxy Dreadnought. "

Archived Post 09-27-2011 04:22 PM

I don't know about the rest of you, but my Galaxy-X looks damn sexy.

Archived Post 09-27-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakaishin
I don't know about the rest of you, but my Galaxy-X looks damn sexy.

Amen to that, brother.

I switched back from my AC, sacrificing the awesome phaser firepower of that ship in the process, to get back to my GX (well it IS nice that they share the same skill^^) because now it just looks so awesome.

+ the anti matter spread actually has developed more combat worth for me than the akira ripoff pulsar of the klinkers ever could.

Archived Post 10-02-2011 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demosthenes01101 (Post 3774805)
...in your opinion...

In most people's opinion. Refer to the first Spock quote in your sig.