Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   All sci builds (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=232953)

Archived Post 09-27-2011 08:40 PM

All sci builds
 
Simple, didn't we agree this was cheesy a while ago? The fleet I'm talking about knows exactly who they are. Vent conversations regarding the overpowered ability of torpedo spread then turning around, going against their word not to use it and....you guessed it. Using it. Mixed with 4-5 copies of charged particle burst 3, mines, scramble sensors, and photonic shockwave and you have quite literally the most, to coin a phrase "underserving of respect" team that has ever played. You have lost the respect of a good majority of the people in the PVP community and continue to do so without regard. You have lost players because of this, and do not seem to care. If this is the image you'd like to set forth for yourselves, then by all means, continue to use the only means by which you can win.

@BobTheYak: "There are five enemy players in that cloud of mines - can you find them?"
http://imageshack.us/f/269/sobmine.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/spamca.jpg/

Congrats...you win, the least respect!

Added another...same fleet

Archived Post 09-27-2011 08:42 PM

Let it be known that 2x torp spread and tractor beam repulsors only cleared about a third of that spam at most.

Archived Post 09-27-2011 08:46 PM

Just looking at that photo made my computer lag.

Archived Post 09-27-2011 08:47 PM

I see 4. You can hide all that crap in the hud options, though you probably already know that.

The German fleets love the 5 man sci captains.

Archived Post 09-27-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimsonoa (Post 3777179)
I see 4. You can hide all that crap in the hud options, though you probably already know that.

I can disable the health bars but not the text - which is the main problem. Any other text disable would also disable text for targets that I actually want to see.

Archived Post 09-27-2011 08:53 PM

Tempted to use scramble, Wait I donít have scramble on any of my builds send in the repuslers.

Archived Post 09-27-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmeagolSneak (Post 3777183)
Tempted to use scramble, Wait I donít have scramble on any of my builds send in the repuslers.

Repulsors didn't do much. Do we all have to run scatter/faw, spread, repulsors, shockwave etc to keep autofire launchers under control?

Oh and I realize that Heretic is aware of the mine spam issue.

Archived Post 09-27-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Repulsors didn't do much. Do we all have to run scatter/faw, spread, repulsors, shockwave etc to keep autofire launchers under control?

You havent seen my repusler build :eek:

Itís the ultimate
Anti healís
Anti Focus fire
Anti Spam
Build

Archived Post 09-27-2011 08:58 PM

This is why we made OPVP Tournament Rules, because Zorena and I knew what kind of teams people would bring. Stupid setups like that make even horrible teams difficult to play against, as they take no skill and are so spammy (not just mines, but in heals, confusion, etc.).No one wants to stick to a league or a code of conduct with a good ruleset and choose the "I refuse to try to counter them so Ill just join them" approach, so I dont feel terribly bad for anyone.

What do you expect? Get a 5 man team setup and even without cheese it is easy to stomp them. While pugging youre going to be screwed. Thats all teams like this do, they queue up in 5 man teams with spam and stomp pugs. Idk what the point of it is or where the fun is, but they do it anyways. Then they play other premades and they get owned.

Archived Post 09-27-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE1701 (Post 3777170)
Simple, didn't we agree this was cheesy a while ago? The fleet I'm talking about knows exactly who they are. Vent conversations regarding the overpowered ability of torpedo spread then turning around, going against their word not to use it and....you guessed it. Using it. Mixed with 4-5 copies of charged particle burst 3, mines, scramble sensors, and photonic shockwave and you have quite literally the most, to coin a phrase "underserving of respect" team that has ever played. You have lost the respect of a good majority of the people in the PVP community and continue to do so without regard. You have lost players because of this, and do not seem to care. If this is the image you'd like to set forth for yourselves, then by all means, continue to use the only means by which you can win.

@BobTheYak: "There are five enemy players in that cloud of mines - can you find them?"
http://imageshack.us/f/269/sobmine.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/spamca.jpg/

Congrats...you win, the least respect!

Added another...same fleet

[OrganizedPVP] Cara@Kedric: soooo why did you all leave the match


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 AM.