Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Dilithium (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=233658)

Archived Post 10-01-2011 11:31 PM

Dilithium

So on tribble, refined dilithium is earned by doing exploration, pvp and i think STF, but what is dilithium ore used for?

Archived Post 10-02-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mondo80 (Post 3784845)
So on tribble, refined dilithium is earned by doing exploration, pvp and i think STF, but what is dilithium ore used for?

If I remember you will get two types of ore.

Refined Dilithium which is what is used to make your purchases
And Dilithium Ore which is what you will be using to make refined dilithium ore with a certain cap on how much you can refine per day.

Archived Post 10-02-2011 02:58 AM

Yes, it is a process, life like in a sense that the ore must under go a refining process and any plant or refinery has a cap per day.

Also I felt it important to remind everyone that right now there is a shortage of the stuff and we cant even get the higher tier ships we need. Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day, and Tribble is being built upon patch by patch. If we remain patient, the Dilithium issue will be fixed. I hear the systems isn't fully integrated.

Hopefully soon, we will be able to buy the gear and ships we need. Just remember to do your standard dailies and report anything you think is a bug via the in game support system or forums here (yes they actually do read the reports!). The dev's are giving us the chance to beta test our game and get most of the bugs we find fixed. If you just cannot deal with the bugs then play on holodeck till the F2P is implemented.

I've also heard the dev's are working overtime to get this done right and it's our job to help them. Just remember, they have to play with the bugs too, plus they aren't millionaires either. They do this for us, so bashing and hate posts just shows unappreciated attitudes. If you wont take the time to help out then you shouldn't take the time to complain.

Archived Post 10-02-2011 07:48 AM

is it a bug or intentional that you don't get enough dilithium to purchase your tier 3 ship - if it is intentional then some form of expanded dilithium market is needed - right now it seems like its playing at a silver level

T'Kir@sakaari

Archived Post 10-02-2011 07:58 AM

The new Economy isn't fully integrated yet. Notice how missions still give you Starfleet Merits? That's not supposed to happen, Merits are not supposed to exist any more.
I imagine that when Cryptic finishes hooking up the Dilithium drops to mission rewards, you'll have more than enough to buy ships and equipment.

Archived Post 10-02-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ID
I've also heard the dev's are working overtime to get this done right and it's our job to help them. Just remember, they have to play with the bugs too, plus they aren't millionaires either. They do this for us, so bashing and hate posts just shows unappreciated attitudes. If you wont take the time to help out then you shouldn't take the time to complain.

No, it's not our job to help them. If it were, we would be getting paid.

However, if you're playing on Tribble, it's because you want to help them. If you're playing just cause you want to see the new stuff faster, well, your testing is helpful as well, but you may wish to reassess how you're spending your time.

Archived Post 10-02-2011 10:48 AM

bugs

trying to advance in ships stinks...I have done explore and I am still 20000 short of the next ship

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ID
Yes, it is a process, life like in a sense that the ore must under go a refining process and any plant or refinery has a cap per day.

Also I felt it important to remind everyone that right now there is a shortage of the stuff and we cant even get the higher tier ships we need. Remember: Rome wasn't built in a day, and Tribble is being built upon patch by patch. If we remain patient, the Dilithium issue will be fixed. I hear the systems isn't fully integrated.

Hopefully soon, we will be able to buy the gear and ships we need. Just remember to do your standard dailies and report anything you think is a bug via the in game support system or forums here (yes they actually do read the reports!). The dev's are giving us the chance to beta test our game and get most of the bugs we find fixed. If you just cannot deal with the bugs then play on holodeck till the F2P is implemented.

Archived Post 10-02-2011 10:56 AM

bugs

trying to advance in ships stinks...I have done explore and I am still 20000 short of the next ship

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ID

Archived Post 10-02-2011 11:09 AM

Well, converting all the medals and emblems and stuff into delithium is a good thing, I just dont get why the ships that previously cost credits and not emblems cost delithium now, and why you dont get enough of it. Money sink or not, if I'd be new in this when f2p, and play for a week and get to the commander promotion and dont get a new ship I feel I earned at that point without any more extra effort, I'd be quite frustrated and probably quit...