Stoping the Signal: No longer T1
Okay, so I ran Stoping the Signal... 10 times before realizing this is no longer a T1 mission. Sure, it says for LT8, but this is by far, no longer the case. I get it, you want to give the player a challenge, and having the frigates spawn every 30 seconds is the best idea for that. (even if it's a pain in the butt.)
You however forgot one tiny detail that I hope you correct. By doing this, you have made sure this area can only be grouped. This is now, no longer a simple T1 level, and there is no warning to the point that you can only group this area unless your T2 or higher. This is an issue because, old and new players will think this is a normal mission UNTIL, they lose all the klingon ships (we all did, thanks for that btw) and will no longer be able to try to replay this mission from where we previously were. To fix this, I've found 3 different solutions that you can implement.
Solution #1: Relabel this mission for GROUP ONLY.
- why? Because you can really only group this mission now. You need at least 3 or more players for this mission.
Solution #2: Relabel the mission for lv 12 or higher
- why? Because you really need a T2 ship for this mission, this is no longer a lv 8 mission which it has been noted as.
Solution #3 and my personal favorite: Have Klink ships spawn in at a rate of one per destroyed ally ship.
Why? Because this is now the only way to keep the playing field even while taking on all those spawned Dohut ships. You could simply reduce the spawn time of dohut ships to previous levels of once per 3 to 4 minutes, but I'm not sure that's really what you'd want. If you want to keep this mission hard, disregard solution 3 and just relabel the mission.
(Find the thread "Stop the Signal Stopped the Game, Story Chaining glaring weakness on tribble", click on Dev Post.)
tired stop the singal more than once even after the bug was fixed still cant kill dreadnought with help from the klingons and there get kill every time
The bugs not fixed yet, it will be in this weeks patch, due out later today or tomorrow. Holodeck is the only shard to have an update today.
This is like the billionth thread over this, they are looking into this already.
It's definitely doable in a T1 miranda, why because I did it.... after I cussed at my computer for an hour I gave up and went and did something else to let the instance reset. I actually tried it the next day.
1. DON'T get so darn close! Stay as far away, farther than the Klingon ships
2. DO NOT SHOOT the frigates... not even once... and DONT use FAW. Once you shoot one they are all coming for you. Let the Klingons take the beating for you. Once one shoots you they will start to gang up and it's game over.
3. SHOOT the dreadnought and keep focus on dropping the same shield facing that the main Klink is shooting at. Then fill it with Torps...
4. If you die (I did) respawn immediately... and go full impulse the second u spawn straight into the fight. Hit the M key to see where it is on the map.
5. Rinse and Repeat.
6. Before you go up against the dread in this battle... get your BO's and their powers straight. The early list of BO's that you get mostly have crap abilities and not the ones that will help you in the battle.
Put EPTS, HE, and HYT on your miranda.
Stick on the dread's tail and keep hitting it with torps. It will die.
As long as any Klingons live, you can respawn and continue if you have to. (If all the Klingons die you are out of luck.)
Nevertheless, although I can beat this now, I never would have when I was a real Lt7, so I hope they fix the bug
It's being fixed in today's patch.
Power setting 100/100 weapons.
Fwd: White Mk 1 Dual heavy Cannon + Dual Beam Bank (Phaser)
Aft: Phaser Turret Mk 1
Tactical: Beam - Overload
Engineering: Emergency Power to Weapons
Science: Tachyon Beam
My level was Lieutenant 7. Completed on first attempt with this setup (overall this was my 4th attempt)
I couldn't beat that undine ship at Advanced or Elite, but set to normal it wasn't a problem for my Engineer. Granted i had 2 shield heals, but i sat right on it's hull and ignored the smaller ships. Had to respawn once, but was still a solo-able mission.
Used the exact same tactic to help a friend defeat the ship. Just get on the hull and stay away from the ends, kinda treat it like Bger, or like you are PVPing a good player ;) .
Engineer with with Rotate Shields unlocked
Forward - Photon torpedo + Dual Phaser beams
Rear - Blue phaser
- Emergency power to shields
- No Science officer at this point
- Torpedo Spread
MK1 Phaser Tactical console
Standard shields and engines.
I actually liked that you couldn't finish without a team. The first time I played I practically soloed the entire game until the endgame borg missions. It makes you work together at a low level, and the team we formed went on to play 'researcher rescue' and 'skirmish' together before splitting off to play with the doffs.
I say keep it the way it is.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 PM.|