Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   T3/T5 Steamrunner (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=235019)

Archived Post 10-07-2011 05:38 PM

T3/T5 Steamrunner
 
Hey gang,

Since each tier seems to be getting an upgraded ship, may I recommend that they add a tier 3 (and maybe T5) Steamrunner? It could be the Escort equivalent of the Excelsior and Nebula. It is a pretty specific looking ship that you really can not build right with the Zephyr class. I could see it being just like the Excellsior with a T3 and T5 version and fixed body styles. This seems like a much needed ship in the game and would bring some parity for escorts with what cruisers and science vessels get at T3 and T5.

Thanks,
Duncan

Archived Post 10-07-2011 05:39 PM

tbh id prefer an actual t3 steamrunner skin before a refit ;p

Archived Post 10-07-2011 06:07 PM

Check out STOked 100 at about 25 minutes in for more on new escorts coming up :cool:

Archived Post 10-08-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyman2480 (Post 3797403)
Check out STOked 100 at about 25 minutes in for more on new escorts coming up :cool:

thats just a tier 3.5 akira refit, nothing really to do with the steamrunner

Archived Post 10-12-2011 09:40 AM

I have to agree the Steamrunner Class is a nice looking ship for a Tier3.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Steamrunner%20class

Archived Post 10-12-2011 10:04 AM

Can't we have both the T3 skin and a T5 version? :D Okay, I'm being greedy but I gotta have something that looks cool at T5.

Archived Post 10-12-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whipplor (Post 3797364)
tbh id prefer an actual t3 steamrunner skin before a refit ;p

It won't be a skin, for the same reason they gave us the 'Zephyr' rather than a steamrunner, the necelles are inside the saucer aswell as the deflector being in a small engineering section, which would make it difficult to exchange parts to create a frankenstein ship with other ships of the same level.

If it's introduced, it will be as an indivual ship, similiar to the Galaxy X / Oberth.

I'd like to see the steamrunner, but I won't expect it till sometime into 2012.

Archived Post 10-12-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vadersson (Post 3797360)
Hey gang,

Since each tier seems to be getting an upgraded ship, may I recommend that they add a tier 3 (and maybe T5) Steamrunner? It could be the Escort equivalent of the Excelsior and Nebula. It is a pretty specific looking ship that you really can not build right with the Zephyr class. I could see it being just like the Excellsior with a T3 and T5 version and fixed body styles. This seems like a much needed ship in the game and would bring some parity for escorts with what cruisers and science vessels get at T3 and T5.

Thanks,
Duncan

I agree the Steamrunner, Ambasssador, and New Orleans are at the top of my list. Not to sound like a broken record but I would MUCH rather have more cannon ships then more STO designed junk.

Archived Post 10-13-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshAvenger
Can't we have both the T3 skin and a T5 version? :D Okay, I'm being greedy but I gotta have something that looks cool at T5.

Probably because if you got an akira, people will scream fowl ( :) ) about no constitution tier 4

Archived Post 10-13-2011 02:34 AM

Id like to hava a t5 Akira (and Nova) before even thinking of a t5 steamrunner...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 AM.