Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   "The Ice Cube" mission series (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=235046)

Archived Post 10-07-2011 09:45 PM

"The Ice Cube" mission series

Quote:

NEWS! I just pulled this mission series down for a serious overhaul, bug fixes and new goodies.

Hi, just a quick thread to promote my mission series "The Ice Cube"

Part One
Mixed space and ground combat.

The Klingons have started excavating something frozen beneath the surface of an ice planet. Section 31 is involved, and things start going very very wrong the moment you beam down to the surface.

ADDED
The one star brigade won :( I'm rewriting part one to bring it in line with the serious nature of the rest of the series.

Quote:

CUT
This mission seems to have seriously upset some people. It seems the crew getting uncontrollable diarrhea, obnoxious crew comments and behaviour, and squealing effeminate Klingons arguing over cocktail recipes is just too much to cope with. All the outrageous behaviour is explained in part two, if you can stomach getting that far. It's about playing a game and having fun at the same time. Fortunately it seems others have equally enjoyed it. I hope you do.
/CUT
Part Two (available in "Review Content" at time of writing).
Ground combat, an unfolding storyline and psychological drama.

This mission gets serious fast. The insanity of part one is resolved, and trouble is brewing. This mission is heavy on storyline, with a whopping dose of ground based combat toward the end. You will explore and fight inside an ancient Borg cube, frozen under the freezing wasteland of an ice planet. The atmosphere is dark, entirely alien to standard Borg cubes, and combat feels more like it is taking place in a jungle ravine.

Discover a new species the Borg were performing experiments on. If incinerating the unborn of a new species is a problem, you are gunna hate it :)

I'll keep this thread updated as new episodes are written. Part three is already under way.

Have fun, and any comments will be appreciated either way :)

Archived Post 10-16-2011 07:33 PM

"The Ice Cube" mission series
Part Three
This mission is a storyline filler with a somewhat intense desert ground combat mission toward the end. Much of the combat is optional, but some fighting can not be avoided. Skirt around the enemies where possible to avoid some combat.

Advance SLOWLY in the revolt scene and PULL BACK often. The combatants wander, and one bad shot could pull another entire unit. You don't want that. The upside is, you should get some nice loot drops, especially from enemy units with a Virgin Queen.

Just a quick note if anyone is wondering. These are not self contained missions. They are part of an entire series with a single overarching storyline.

When completed I will remaster all of series one to back port some story and mission building skills I have developed along the way. The story is still coherent as is. The back porting will just be bells and whistles.

The Ice Cube: Part Three (v 0.8 Bug Fix)
Leaves from Wolf 359 in the Sirius Sector Block

OH NOES! In this exciting instalment, replay logs of ancient Borg atrocities on a peaceful species. Take part in genocide and review their foul experiments from centuries ago.

Heavy storyline driven content with a desert ground combat mission at the end. Combat is optional, although it will be hard to avoid the hunters.

Bugs and comments to shrimp@TechieTrekie

Archived Post 10-17-2011 06:23 AM

Hi - Just found some people were falling through the Floor in Part One, Ice Caverns level. It's a bug - I hacked it to put a platform under the landing spot and make you spawn three meters higher - I hope it works. Sorry for any inconvenience, but this is a known bug and currently plaguing some content creators.

BUG FIX
The Ice Cube: Part One

(bug fix version 0.3)
(Hopefully fixed falling through floor bug in 3rd level)

Archived Post 10-20-2011 02:02 AM

ADDED
The one star brigade won :( I'm rewriting part one to bring it in line with the serious nature of the rest of the series.

Amazing new review!

Review from Part One:

REMOVED. My entire series was coming under comment and one star attack, even the later parts from some people who obviously had not played them (time stamps on comments - cut paste responses etc), so I pulled it, remixed it, and am removing this review to hopefully stop some of the ongoing attacks on the other parts of the series and abusive comments.

Have fun with the new "serious" edition of part one :)

Archived Post 10-27-2011 05:41 PM

We are under heavy ATTACK!

Archived Post 10-28-2011 12:19 AM

re
Quote:

We are under heavy ATTACK!

OK - remixed and republished

"The Ice Cube: Part One SERIOUS Verion"

Remixed serious edition (no comedy scenes this time)

This series is a HOLONOVEL. Don't allow it to interact with your real characters if you role play!

This mission starts at Wolf 358, in the Sirius Sector Block.

The Borg, relentless and driven, have chosen the wrong species to assimilate. Investigate this mystery, and prevent the secret from falling into the hands of our evil enemies. Will you survive the nightmare that is ... "THE ICE CUBE"?

Bugs and comments to Shrimp@TechieTrekie

Archived Post 10-28-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

NEWS! I just pulled this mission series down for a serious overhaul, bug fixes and new goodies.

The mission "The Ice Cube: Part Three" is stuck in "review content" limbo until someone gives it a fifth rating. Thanks.

Quote: