Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   exploration clusters not all giving dilithium (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=235395)

Archived Post 10-09-2011 02:06 PM

exploration clusters not all giving dilithium

It seems many of the star clusters dont all give dilithium yet. some have and some dont. the rewards are never listed when you accept the daily so its sort of pot luck whether you get anything.

Archived Post 10-09-2011 06:45 PM

I think the way it is working (not sure if it is intended or will stay this way in future patches) is that star clusters that are "level appropriate," so Delta Volanis, Arucanis Arm for Lt. Hromi Cluster at Lt. Cmdr. up to B'Tran for VA. There's only two or three clusters that you can do for dilithium at a time.

Archived Post 10-09-2011 08:56 PM

i've actually noticed this to NOT be the case

i'm at the point where i can visit the three Romulan exploration areas, but only one's marked as granting dilithium as a reward for completion

honestly i feel that ALL the areas give dilithium, but the amount you get obviously varies from area to area, for instance Volanis could give....~150-400 dilithium per completion, all the way up to 4000+ from B'Tran VA

that way, people can still earn dilithium, even at the lowest levels, especially once dilithium's further incorporated, but at the same time, higher-level characters are discouraged from going straight to Volanis for dilithium-grinding, keeps them moving, keeps them visiting all the areas and also encourages them more to use the Duty Officer system more because the Sector missions change from sector to sector, and exploration area to exploration area

Archived Post 10-10-2011 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralDestruction
I think the way it is working (not sure if it is intended or will stay this way in future patches) is that star clusters that are "level appropriate," so Delta Volanis, Arucanis Arm for Lt. Hromi Cluster at Lt. Cmdr. up to B'Tran for VA. There's only two or three clusters that you can do for dilithium at a time.

thing is ive done level appropriate stuff and they still have not give any out.

personally considering they have a refining cap, every one should offer dilithium ore at least, so you can grind them all out but can only convert so much. either that or make it clear which ones do and which ones dont.

considering they all scale top your level its not like doing delta volanis at VA is any harder than the others.

Archived Post 10-10-2011 02:58 AM

It is pretty crazy at this point. They seem to have a vague connection to level, but it only seems to be every second time you do them you get dilithium, or something.

They really should have all of them offering dilithium, imo. Even doing all of them once a day wouldnt break the game.

Archived Post 10-10-2011 05:23 AM

I too thought you outlevel the exploration zones, but it looks like it is random. My KDF Lt. General has a daily with Dilithium in the T'ong nebula, but all the others without. My Fed VAs dailies all don't give Dilithium except B'Tran. If this is working as intended, the Dilithium sources are far too limited and my question would be, do I have to do the dailies without Dilithium to have a chance to receive DL the next time they are available?

Archived Post 10-10-2011 05:38 AM

I've actually tried that, and sometimes it seems to work (though it could also be just a crazy coincidence.