Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Suggestions for DOff Improvements (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=235710)

Archived Post 10-11-2011 03:15 AM

Suggestions for DOff Improvements
 
DOff Recruitment
As it stands now we only get Cadre missions on ESD and SFA.

I suggest that we should be able to get them in all Social Areas. But that each area will come with a higher chance of recruiting local species.

SFA - Humans, Tellarites,
ESD - Rigellians, Denobulans, Saurians,
K7 - Caitians,
DS9 - Bajorans, Cardassians, Deferis, Ferengis,
SB39 - Romulans, Remans,
Vulcan- Vulcans,
Risa - Betazoids, Trills,
Andoria - Andorians, Aenars,
Bajor - Bajorans
Memory Alpha - Bolians, Benzites, Deltans,
Drozana (KDF) - Fed species
Drozana (FED) - Kdf species
Ganalda - Orions, Nausicaans,
Qo'NoS - Klingons, Leethans,

Ship Duty Tab
The scroll bar on the roster is in my opinion better placed on the right side and the roster and the detailed description should switch places as well.

Assignment Tab
The Completed Sub Tab should only contain the completed missions when it is active. Now it lists all in progress with the completed at the top. Minor thing but shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Assignments Tab
The following categories should be color coded like the following.
Critical Success
Success
Failure
Disaster


DOff Rarity
How good a DOff is should be indicated by the usual use of the Very Rare, Rare, Uncommon, Common colors.

DOff Traits
The amount of traits should be keyed to the DOff's rarity. Common have less then Very Rare. But none should be without a trait. Because that is just wrong.

DOff Duplication
If we get a duplicate, triplicate or more of one DOff we should be able to return them in exchange of replacements of the same rarity. The Reassignment is only one way. We need a two way exchange.

DOff Vacancies
Often I've been prevented from doing DOff missions due to the fact my ship has no doctor or no counsellor.
If I were a Starfleet Captain I would make sure that Starfleet Command would assign me some, asap. Not wait a couple of months or years in hope that the random recruits they send over eventually would bring me what I need.

So what I'm looking for is a mission where we get to pick which kind of officers we need and pending on how successful it was we get or don't get what we need.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 02:35 AM

An other thing I really would like to see Heretic is that the "Assignment outcome:" also includes the icons of any killed or injured DOffs from the mission.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 07:56 AM

I would personally like to know if there's a reason why Klingons can't get DOFF assignments while in orbit above Qo'noS. Federation players currently have 6 sector assignment zones reachable from Earth within a couple minutes of map hopping: the Academy, ESD, orbit, Aenigma space, Captain's Table, and Sirius Sector space. Add Alpha Cent and Delta Volanis zones as quick checks from there, and it's 8 assignment opportunities.

Qo'noS ground and spacedock are the same assignment zone as far as I can tell, plus sector space and Aenigma plus Captain's Table. That's 4, half the possibility Federation captains can get with a few minutes of checking zones. It's also much harder to get to all the far-flung zones in the game to check them than it is for Federation players. (Sure would be nice to have some neutral bases peppered throughout plus some transwarps, but oh well...) Adding 1 more assignment zone in Qo'noS orbit, plus the eventual Klingon Academy, would even things up when comparing Earth and Qo'noS directly. I can live with that for balance considering the sector borders around Earth aren't going to change ever.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mack_dorgeans (Post 3810257)
I would personally like to know if there's a reason why Klingons can't get DOFF assignments while in orbit above Qo'noS. Federation players currently have 6 sector assignment zones reachable from Earth within a couple minutes of map hopping: the Academy, ESD, orbit, Aenigma space, Captain's Table, and Sirius Sector space. Add Alpha Cent and Delta Volanis zones as quick checks from there, and it's 8 assignment opportunities.

Qo'noS ground and spacedock are the same assignment zone as far as I can tell, plus sector space and Aenigma plus Captain's Table. That's 4, half the possibility Federation captains can get with a few minutes of checking zones. It's also much harder to get to all the far-flung zones in the game to check them than it is for Federation players. (Sure would be nice to have some neutral bases peppered throughout plus some transwarps, but oh well...) Adding 1 more assignment zone in Qo'noS orbit, plus the eventual Klingon Academy, would even things up when comparing Earth and Qo'noS directly. I can live with that for balance considering the sector borders around Earth aren't going to change ever.

No assignments in orbit of Qo'noS is the result of a bug that is on the list of things to look into.

Assignments are based on map, and the First City and the spacedock are actually on the same map, which is why they share assignments; this is a technical limitation at the moment.

Archived Post 10-15-2011 04:45 AM

Here are some more suggestions.

To be able to complete missions requiring more then one up to 5 of the same kind of DOff we are required to have that many of the same trade in our roster.

Our roster is limited to 100 DOffs.

There are 51 different trades/specializations

Which means if there are missions that require 5 of the same trade, we should at least have 255 DOff slots.

If there are missions requiring more of the same trade then 5 then multiply that with 51 and make the DOff cap that number.

Or limit the number you repeat the same requirement for a trade in a mission to 2 per trade.

*edit to add*

There isn't (with the new UI) a way to see what all the different levels are for each trade. That button you removed from the old version can that be reworked in to some sort of information that can be put as page 8 in the question-mark [?] tab?

I would also like to be able to sort my DOff missions on how much time they have left before completion.

It would be nice if the list with completed assignments could be on a separate button.

And please put the scroll bars on the right side of the info it scrolls. It is an annoyance to have to use it on the left side.

Archived Post 10-15-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Our roster is limited to 100 DOffs.
If anything the number of DOFFs you have should depend on your ship. At the moment it doesn't matter if you're in a B'rel with a crew of 30, a Connie with a crew of 400, or a Vo'Quv with a crew of 4000, you still get 100 DOFFs. (the cargo bays on those BoPs must be stacked 3 deep with spare cots :P)

While I'm sure just setting the number like that makes for a simpler system. (doesn't matter if you change ships, etc) But it just feels wrong to have a crew of 30, and 40-50 of them are out on assignment. Or to have a crew of 4000, with 3900 lollygaggers that refuse to even make me a tribble kebab.

Archived Post 10-15-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feor (Post 3811917)
If anything the number of DOFFs you have should depend on your ship. At the moment it doesn't matter if you're in a B'rel with a crew of 30, a Connie with a crew of 400, or a Vo'Quv with a crew of 4000, you still get 100 DOFFs. (the cargo bays on those BoPs must be stacked 3 deep with spare cots :P)

While I'm sure just setting the number like that makes for a simpler system. (doesn't matter if you change ships, etc) But it just feels wrong to have a crew of 30, and 40-50 of them are out on assignment. Or to have a crew of 4000, with 3900 lollygaggers that refuse to even make me a tribble kebab.

Making the number of DOffs depend on the size of the ship isn't a good idea, in my opinion, but you are entitled to your opinion as well.

What happens if you have a Carrirer and then changes to a BoP? Will you loose all the excess DOffs?
The number of DOffs needs to be connected to the amount needed to do the missions they make.
If they make missions that require 5 Prisoners, 5 Conn Officers or 5 Diplomats or 5 Sensors Officers or 5 Colonists then we should be able to have 5 of each type of officer (there are 51 types in the game now on Tribble). If we aren't allowed that many then don't make missions that require that many of the same type of DOff.

Archived Post 10-15-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simale
Making the number of DOffs depend on the size of the ship isn't a good idea, in my opinion, but you are entitled to your opinion as well.

What happens if you have a Carrirer and then changes to a BoP? Will you loose all the excess DOffs?
The number of DOffs needs to be connected to the amount needed to do the missions they make.
If they make missions that require 5 Prisoners, 5 Conn Officers or 5 Diplomats or 5 Sensors Officers or 5 Colonists then we should be able to have 5 of each type of officer (there are 51 types in the game now on Tribble). If we aren't allowed that many then don't make missions that require that many of the same type of DOff.

Easy solution, just make a barrack for the extra crew. So you can have extra space and switch doffs with whatever you need.

Archived Post 10-15-2011 09:39 AM

Is there a Duty Officer vendor at esd?

Archived Post 10-15-2011 09:43 AM

It's a fair question. If you have an escort with a full complement of bridge officers, where are all of those duty officers eating, sleeping, breathing and walking on your ship?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:38 AM.