Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   I see a problem with the Storyline Mission/Episodes (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=235730)

Archived Post 10-11-2011 05:53 AM

I see a problem with the Storyline Mission/Episodes

this isnt really a bug...yet

but the problem with having to complete one mission before getting another in the storyline process is going to hurt if say the mission ur on bugs and u cant complete it therefore not gaining access to the next mission til the problem is fixed.

and we all know this problem will crop up cause its happen before.

Archived Post 10-11-2011 05:57 AM

It already has happened... Twice for me.

Archived Post 10-11-2011 07:10 AM

There is an ohter more cosmetic problem too with doing it this way.
Some characters we meet more then once over the missions we play.
When they are locked in a line like this compared to when they were released before the dialogue isn't correct or we're travelling through time on a regular basis and meeting their previous selves later on in our timeline.

Sorry, I preferred the original story progression better.

Archived Post 10-11-2011 09:18 AM

i really like the idea if the new mission set-up but ive noticed that the rewards aren't quite right im getting Lt commander stuff when im a commander.

Archived Post 10-11-2011 09:54 AM

Hillariously, the accolade for Under the Cover of Night still claims you've uncovered Drake's treachery, even though Franklin Drake is nowhere to be found.

Archived Post 10-11-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex_pickering
i really like the idea if the new mission set-up but ive noticed that the rewards aren't quite right im getting Lt commander stuff when im a commander.

Wait until you get to VA1 and still get Mk 5 items as rewards for missions you haven't done yet.
All rewards should scale to the players rank not the level the mission is granted.

Archived Post 10-11-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hominid (Post 3803236)
It already has happened... Twice for me.

Likewise. My tribble fed is ranked commander 4, but im still on LT. Missions because War Is Good For Business is bugged. I dislike not being able to skip bugged missions.

Archived Post 10-11-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simale
Wait until you get to VA1 and still get Mk 5 items as rewards for missions you haven't done yet.
All rewards should scale to the players rank not the level the mission is granted.

I completely agree, all Items must now scale

Archived Post 10-11-2011 03:39 PM

I'm glad to see that you can't complete a mission before completing the mission before it.

But missions that don't chain directly into each other shouldn't have these restrictions.

Archived Post 10-11-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simale

Agreed. If you're going to have the mission difficulty scale to the player's level (which I like!), then the rewards should also scale to your level. Getting useless rewards isn't fun for anyone.