Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Pay to Win is officially confirmed (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=236053)

Archived Post 10-12-2011 08:15 PM

Pay to Win is officially confirmed

Quote:

The C-Store starships differ from the in-game ones, in that they are typically slightly stronger in some way, and they include a valuable piece of gear that is only available with that ship...

There it is, folks. We've officially entered p2w territory. No longer are C-Store ships just "plus one" ships, they're actually acknowledged to have an advantage over standard ships.

Does this mean the Devs can finally admit the Rhode Island is OP?

And as far as Fed consoles go, I think the only one we don't know about is the Bellerophon's (Sci). The Exeter has a FAW turret, Gladius has a speed/defense buff, and Sao Paulo has the quad cannons.

Archived Post 10-12-2011 08:29 PM

I think the Bellerophon is supposed to get a Photonic Shockwave Torpedo. It's been mentioned in a couple STOked episodes now. The idea for the torpedo itself is actually taken from an episode of Voyager.

Archived Post 10-12-2011 08:59 PM

Awesome, let the Pay 2 Win Begin! (Oh that rhymes :D)

:confused::p:confused:

Archived Post 10-12-2011 09:32 PM

With F2P coming I did expect nothing else. I'm more surprised it took them so long to recognize Tx.5 as being better than normal ships (well at least officially).

Archived Post 10-12-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooster75
I think the Bellerophon is supposed to get a Photonic Shockwave Torpedo. It's been mentioned in a couple STOked episodes now. The idea for the torpedo itself is actually taken from an episode of Voyager.

Can't wait for the Intrepid with that thing plus the ablative......

The Dev's got lazy with the Klingons on that list at the bottom, 'Negh'var refit' 'Qin Refit' and so on....

Archived Post 10-12-2011 10:02 PM

And all of this junk will likely be used by some of the upstanding citizens in these forums. :rolleyes:

Archived Post 10-12-2011 10:07 PM

And STO continues to go down the *******...

Archived Post 10-12-2011 10:21 PM

Cool, now that its official, lets talk about how much bite a P2W ship should have.

If Im going to pay cash money for any of these ships I think it should have some good stats to them.

You know, like a one click one kill ability. Just think of how much fun it would be to have that in game.
The one with the fastest clicking finger wins.

Decloak, Click, Kaboom. I win:D

Archived Post 10-12-2011 11:10 PM

I was thinking of what kind of consuls there should be for the pay to win.
I thought of 2
One would be the one click one kill.
Where when you click the ability and the user would be granted temporary cloak to the ship and a Zone wide theme music of Jaws would play and all uncloaked ship would hear it and at the end of the musical score the ship would decloak, shoot, and kill.

And the other would be a slow death, kill. Like a swarm of piranhas.

The user would cast an unbreakable Jam Targeting Sensors and the ship would launch a swarm of fighter that would attack the target and use Eject Warp Plasma to keep the target from moving until it dies.

Well if were going P2W then I think it should be something good.

>:)

Archived Post 10-12-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D207 (Post 3806680)
I was thinking of what kind of consuls there should be for the pay to win.
I thought of 2
One would be the one click one kill.
Where when you click the ability and the user would be granted temporary cloak to the ship and a Zone wide theme music of Jaws would play and all uncloaked ship would hear it and at the end of the musical score the ship would decloak, shoot, and kill.

And the other would be a slow death, kill. Like a swarm of piranhas.

The user would cast an unbreakable Jam Targeting Sensors and the ship would launch a swarm of fighter that would attack the target and use Eject Warp Plasma to keep the target from moving until it dies.

Well if were going P2W then I think it should be something good.

>:)

That ^ and your avatar is funny stuff!

Cheers!