Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   BOff Promotions Shouldn't Cost Skill Points (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=236433)

Archived Post 10-14-2011 10:43 AM

BOff Promotions Shouldn't Cost Skill Points

I get that since the old way to promote BOffs through Merits is out, that a gap needs to be filled. But that gap should not be filled by consuming even more skill points to promote a BOff.

This is how it currently goes:

1. Get a BOff.
2. Use Skill Points to train abilities of BOff.
3. Spend at least 250 SP in order to be able to promote BOff.
4. Lose even more SP just to promote them.
5. Unlock more expensive abilities (That you might not be able to train b/c you lost most of the SP just to promote the BOff).

How does that make sense?

BOff promotion should either be a given (like it is with us) or (and I know a lot of people will hate this idea) it should cost some very modest amount of currency.

Show some support and let's get them to change it, please!!!

Archived Post 10-14-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oortael
I get that since the old way to promote BOffs through Merits is out, that a gap needs to be filled. But that gap should not be filled by consuming even more skill points to promote a BOff.

1. Get a BOff.
5. Unlock more expensive abilities (That you might not be able to train b/c you lost most of the SP just to promote the BOff).

BOff promotion should either be a given (like it is with us) or (and I know a lot of people will hate this idea) it should cost some very modest amount of currency.

I totally agree with you.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 11:10 AM

I also agree.

I'd much rather spend energy credits on promotions than skill points! After all, we've already invested a lot of skill points into the BOffs to make them eligable for promotions in the first place, why would we need to spend even more just to bump them up to the next grade?

Archived Post 10-14-2011 11:24 AM

I completely agree. BOff skill points are in short supply early on (like everything else) and this change hits lowbies the hardest. I'd rather EC be used for promotion than BOff skill points.

Z

Archived Post 10-14-2011 01:19 PM

I just think it should be free after spending the required skill points on that BO which you want to promote.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvacc99 (Post 3810894)
I just think it should be free after spending the required skill points on that BO which you want to promote.

The skill points would work as experience points for bridge officers. Once they hit the experience required for the next rank, *bam* promotion.

Want to make it more "personal"? Require a trip back to starbase/kronos for promotion with some admiral/general. It could add role-play value since you're have to make the recommendation to a superior officer.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrasil
The skill points would work as experience points for bridge officers. Once they hit the experience required for the next rank, *bam* promotion.

Want to make it more "personal"? Require a trip back to starbase/kronos for promotion with some admiral/general. It could add role-play value since you're have to make the recommendation to a superior officer.

This could be fun. Or make it a function on the ship. Like in your mess hall.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrasil

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlightracer (Post 3811296)
This could be fun. Or make it a function on the ship. Like in your mess hall.

I also agree. Don't we all have a HUGE lounge that never get's used? I'd love to see the rest of my BOffs & DOffs gathered there as I promote my officers!

Archived Post 10-14-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

1. Get a BOff.

I agree as well... There's no need to have it cost SP!

Archived Post 10-14-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Don't we all have a HUGE lounge that never get's used?

I don't. My lounge is reasonable sized, and it has a conference room right next to it.*

;)

(* On Holodeck, at any rate.)