Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   The Fair Player Vs Player (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=236457)

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:29 PM

The Fair Player Vs Player
 
OPvP, you're going to bring the STO pvp to its knees. The people who actually dont use spam know this and im sure a lot of u know it aswell.

So from this point on, ur facing a decision:

- Kill STO with ur obsessive wish to win at any cost

-Quit the game

-Play without broken skills

since the 3rd won't happen (or would, but honestly, who's gonna try to convince u), i'm hereby creating the Fair PvP league.

There will be a single tournament-like list running here and i'm not asking anyone to play this way in public ques, but in ranked tournies, this should be followed to determine who actually has skill and who spams all the time. But for the sake of the game, DON'T spam, DON'T make spammy premades and DON'T think this won't come around again.


So:

Fair PvP rules:

- NO scramble sensors, NON-NEGOTIABLE, not untill the skill is fixed
- NO AMS - antimatter spread - also NON-NEGOTIABLE
- Excessive CPB, PSW spam is NOT allowed - 2 copies per team for now
- Max of 2 science captain per team - make the subnuc count, not count the subnucs - NON-NEGOTIABLE
- Max of 1 person deploying mines - 2 launchers - to prevent excessive laggs

If you don't like these rules, then get out and ruin the game for everyone who does public ques. See how you like it when STO goes under due to people not wanting to play a pvp match with people who couldn't win fairly if their life depended on it.

Sign up your fleets:

Team leader:
Team members:


All match schedules should be coordinated between the team leaders

ANY withdrawal from the time set is an automatic loss, NO rematches.
______________


still under revision

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:33 PM

lol failrules. besides the no scramble/ams part. have fun. I won't be participating.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:38 PM

A place where broken skills are not allowed and people agree not to use them?

complete blasphemy, you know some fleets can't win without them.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:40 PM

Umm....wow.....you really have no idea what's going on do you?

Let's see here.....for starters
-OPvP has just under 1500 people subscribed to it and it is impossible to control who is using what in that channel during regular play...
-Secondly every tournament and league that has been created for months now by OPvP people has banned various skills and had different parameters set to it.
-Thirdly, you're only going to **** off the respected players in OPvP by accusing them of killing the game just because they don't conform to your ideas....

There's more but I think that sums it up well enough, if you want to create a pvp competition then by all means go for it, but don't accuse the people in OPvP of ruining the game...

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazimer
Fair PvP rules:

- NO scramble sensors, NON-NEGOTIABLE, not untill the skill is fixed
- NO AMS - antimatter spread
- Excessive CPB, PSW spam is NOT allowed - 2 copies per team for now
- Max of 1 science captain per team - make the subnuc count, not count the subnucs - NON-NEGOTIABLE
- Max of 1 person deploying mines - 2 launchers
- Spread is ALSO not allowed - NON-NEGOTIABLE
- Maximum of 3 cruisers+sci ships together - NON-NEGOTIABLE

Umm wut? Max of 1 sci captain? I'm sorry but I think at least 2 are necessary. And what kind of team are you playing on that you need 3 cruisers? Zombie fest? 2 sci max, 2 tac mac, 1 cruiser MAX. 2 sci captains are needed, especially if you have 3 cruisers consta-healing the other teammates. 1 nuke isn't going to fix that.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:45 PM

No offense, but I doubt you're anywhere near influential enough to make this a success.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivar (Post 3810782)
Umm....wow.....you really have no idea what's going on do you?

Let's see here.....for starters
-OPvP has just under 1500 people subscribed to it and it is impossible to control who is using what in that channel during regular play...
-Secondly every tournament and league that has been created for months now by OPvP people has banned various skills and had different parameters set to it.
-Thirdly, you're only going to **** off the respected players in OPvP by accusing them of killing the game just because they don't conform to your ideas....

There's more but I think that sums it up well enough, if you want to create a pvp competition then by all means go for it, but don't accuse the people in OPvP of ruining the game...

- the tournament matches have been known to be poorly mandated and a lot of the broken, forbidden skills were used during the matches
-if u sign up to OPvP, doesn't that mean u should abide by its rules?
-Am i accusing anyone in particular?

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazimer
- the tournament matches have been known to be poorly mandated and a lot of the broken, forbidden skills were used during the matches

But they were the tournament rules and whether they were followed or not was on the people in them and running it. You'll find that out for yourself when your own league gets up and running if you really do pursue this and make it work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazimer
-if u sign up to OPvP, doesn't that mean u should abide by its rules?

OPvP was created and exists to bring people/fleets together and help inexperienced players learn. It was NOT created to force people into a certain playstyle during non-tournament/league play and no attempts to do so will ever be entertained....

While there are unspoken agreements between veteran players, do not confuse them for some form of 'rules of play'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazimer
-Am i accusing anyone in particular?

You did not accuse any one person, but you did generalize all the prominent members of OPvP with your statements.

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:57 PM

What is the point of this thread?

Archived Post 10-14-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazimer
-if u sign up to OPvP, doesn't that mean u should abide by its rules?

there is a big difference between being a member of the opvp chat channel, and abiding by the ruleset that was created for one tournament that happens to use the opvp name.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 PM.